1.    #1  
    Hello. I bought two Treo 600s on ebay. I'm still getting used to them and one seems to work fine, while the other will only work on AC power. The battery meter shows 99%, but when I unplug the AC, it immediately turns the phone off.

Is there anything I should try before I return it?
    If the Treo only works on AC power, then there is probably something wrong with the battery or it's connection inside the phone.
    You could try a battery disconnect reset. This might clear it.

Hold K + Backspace while hitting the reset hole. It's a little hard to do, and the phone won't turn on again until you plug it into power (It'll take a minute after you plug it in to come on.)

I'm thinking you may have to do this with the power plugged in (so the phone is on), then immediately unplug the power to let it sit disconnected for a second or two.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the guidance. The battery reset didn't work, so I am sending one of the phones back. I'm still keeping the other one though and am a new Treo 600 user.
  5.    #5  
    Ok - Update - the seller asked me to take it into the Sprint store to see what the cost of the battery would be. She said the phone was under the 1 year warranty. Any tips for going into the store tomorrow? The phone isn't registered under my account yet, but I do have another sprint account.
    look on the palm1 site for the battery reset procedure and try it.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Quote Originally Posted by astroz
    Ok - Update - the seller asked me to take it into the Sprint store to see what the cost of the battery would be. She said the phone was under the 1 year warranty. Any tips for going into the store tomorrow? The phone isn't registered under my account yet, but I do have another sprint account.
    You will probably have a hard time if the phone is not currently on your account. Depending on the store, they might look at it without your account information, but they will need the account information to replace the phone. You can try and the worst that happens is that they won't do anything, which you can then tell the seller to take it back and get it replaced under warranty.