View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare (aka ScheduleCare Phase II). (Honest Options Please)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

4 28.57%
  • $15 - $20

7 50.00%
  • $20 - $25

1 7.14%
  • $25 - $30

2 14.29%
  1.    #1  
    All,

I have started a quick poll to get people's thoughts on the pricing model of ProfileCare (aka ScheduleCare Phase II).

I will be offering 2 flavors of this application:

1) The current ScheduleCare application that integrates with the calendar. Pricing will remain at $5.
    2) ProfileCare which is the UI based Profile Utility.

They will be offered individually to lower the entry cost for both applications.

I am looking for truthful and honest feedback! Free is not an option and $100 is not an option. The true and fair price is in between those extremes. From my viewpoint, I want a win-win in this for everyone. I have put *many* hours of development time into this project. From the beginning this was a user-driven project. All requirements came from the general user community. So I am confident that this application addresses the needs of a large community of people. So I see the value it brings as very high. Given that I do not see this being a $5 or $10 application. I personally believe that it is worth $20 given its functionality.

Please log your votes in the poll. You are also welcome to post your views publically but I do request that ALL discussions remain professional on this topic. By soliciting this feedback, I realize that there will be posts that will be very negative and others that will be very positive. I will ask now that people on both sides of that view point respect each other!

Thanks for your time and effort in this Beta process! It has led to an application that will hopefully benefit the entire Treo community!

Jeff
    $20 sounds appropriate (for those with current ScheduleCare v1...perhaps $15 for upgrading)
    Jeff,

Will there be a price consideration for current registered (paid) users of Phase I who wish to upgrade to Phase II?
    This is tough. I know you've put a ton of work into it, but many of the features are things I doubt I'll ever use. And I've got to balance it against Profiles, which does most (but not all) of what I want and is free. And I kind of wish that Schedule Care and Profile Care were 2 separate apps, so I didn't have the memory overhead of all the calendaring functions that I'm not going to use.

I think the extra features of ProfileCare are probably worth $10 to $15 to me. But probably not $20.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    This is tough. I know you've put a ton of work into it, but many of the features are things I doubt I'll ever use. And I've got to balance it against Profiles, which does most (but not all) of what I want and is free. And I kind of wish that Schedule Care and Profile Care were 2 separate apps, so I didn't have the memory overhead of all the calendaring functions that I'm not going to use.

I think the extra features of ProfileCare are probably worth $10 to $15 to me. But probably not $20.
    The overhead of calendaring is so minimal you would not see the difference. Both functions use the same base "engine". The only overhead of the calendaring function is the small amount of "form" space for the 4 screens that are apart of the UI. That accounts for about 5k of space.

I understand the pricing model of Milan's app. Its a fine product but the majority of people that asked for me to create this application were Milan users! If my information is also correct, I don't think Milan's applicaiton runs on the 650. I am also very confident that there are few other independent developers in the market today that are as responsive and user driven as I have formed my company to be.

I am also going to be offering a discounted price to all the BTmute customers that purchased prior to the Sprint 1.08 ROM upgrade. This is something I committed to a while back. So this will also reduce the entry cost for many people.

I appreciate your feedback together with your past and future support!

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Jeff,

Will there be a price consideration for current registered (paid) users of Phase I who wish to upgrade to Phase II?
    I think that is appropriate and I will put together a special upgrade program for the early adopters of ScheduleCare.

All of the discounted pricing will have to go through PayPal though since my distribution vendors don't have the ability to handle this type of program.

Jeff
    Jeff:

FWIW, there is now a version of Milan's app that does run on the 650: version 1.01.

And yes, I know that many (if not most) of those asking you for an app were former users of Profiles, who couldn't use it on their 650. I was one of those. I also know that some (maybe many) of us were basically looking for something like Milan's app, with a few upgrades, that WOULD run on our 650. What you gave us is much, much more than that.

Don't get me wrong, I think what you've created is a tremendous app. And your support is exceptional. But that doesn't mean it's the right app for everyone. And price will be a factor for many in deciding which product to use.

Is your goal to make as much money as possible, or to get as many users as possible?

Will you sell enough extra copies at $10 each to make more money than you would at a sale price of $20? What about at $15?

Will selling it at a lower price help develop a market for your other products?

I don't know, and it would take a much more sophisticated analysis than a TC survey to answer these questions. In the end, the price is your decision, and whether to purchase at that price is ours. Regardless of the price, and whether I buy it or not, you've done a tremendous job, and I congratulate you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Once a Palm app breaks the $20 mark it is one of those that needs to be a "must have" before I'll buy it. For example, I really sweated paying for Agendus, but it is the only sensible way of linking activities and contacts on the Palm.

Under $10 is one of those things that I will buy because it offers a useful tweak that makes my life easier.

I think you need to charge $16.50.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    Once a Palm app breaks the $20 mark it is one of those that needs to be a "must have" before I'll buy it. For example, I really sweated paying for Agendus, but it is the only sensible way of linking activities and contacts on the Palm.

Under $10 is one of those things that I will buy because it offers a useful tweak that makes my life easier.

I think you need to charge $16.50.
    I think you are right and by the early results from the poll, others are also agreeing with you.

So this will be my go to market pricing:

ScheduleCare:
    $5
    ProfileCare: $16.50
    Both Products: $20

Discount for BTmute customers
    : $1.50 off ProfileCare or the bundle. (I made this pledge a while back after the Sprint 1.08 ROM release - March 22, 2005. Customers that purchased BTmute after this date are not eligible for the discount.)

Discount for existing ScheduleCare customers:
    $1.50 off ProfileCare (For purchases prior to the launch date of ProfileCare).

(All discounts will be extended only with proof of prior purchases.)

Jeff

EDIT: The discount program, and most likely the bundle, will only be available via PayPal since my vendors (Handango and mytreo.net don't have the facilities to host these pricing models.)
    The above sounds very reasonable to me, and I think the discounts are generous. I'm amazed at how functional ProfileCare has become.
    very reasonable pricing jeff... sounds like a winner!
    anticipated release date? how much tweakin to go? (gettin ancy) Is the callfilter integration complete?
    john
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    very reasonable pricing jeff... sounds like a winner!
    anticipated release date? how much tweakin to go? (gettin ancy) Is the callfilter integration complete?
    john
    I am planning on releasing on or before May 5th. I am in lock down mode right now making all of the final changes.

I have not heard anything from the developer of CF in more than a month now. Dropped him an email a few days ago and have not heard back from him. So I really do not know where the integration is at this point. I can tell you the integration with 2Day is complete and available at the time of the product launch.

Jeff