1.    #1  
    Hi My backupman is currently thinking that I am using up 4 gigs of internal ram so I would like to reinstall it.

I deleted it and reinstalled it and it remebers that I have registered it, and my scheduled backups, etc.

Does anyone know the additional files to get rid of these settings and install it as if it were brand new?

Thanks!
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    shoulda used an install manager!

not sure what you need to remove now though. Maybe someone else will have an answer.
  3.    #3  
    what does an install manager do?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    if you had it installed prior to installing the backup software it would completely remove the backup software. It keeps track of what is installed and allows for a complete removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanny
    Hi My backupman is currently thinking that I am using up 4 gigs of internal ram so I would like to reinstall it.
    I had a similar problem even after a hard reset. are you using the latest version? v1.53 is the latest. if you ran into the same bug as I did, there was very little other data on my treo at the time I ran into that bug. from the v1.53 release notes:

"Fixed problem that prevented correct determination of free "RAM" NVFS devices when a very small amount of data was present on device "

maybe this will fix your problem?
    -- berto
    Should be just BackupMan and its one saved preference. I'd have thought that deleting it from the launcher would have caught the saved pref... According to UninstallManager, Backupman does not drop anything else in prefs (or anywhere)
  7.    #7  
    thansk everyone for replying. i installed 1.53 and problem was solved.
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!