1.    #1  
    Great forum! Thanks everyone!

This weekend my wife and I are going out searching for new phones. Our old plan with Nextel expires!

I have decided on a Treo 650, but have a few questions. Was hoping some of you can help....

I own a business and have to have Outlook Express to check my e-mail. Can I do this with Treo? In a nutshell, please describe what I will need to do to enable Outlook Express. Will I need to install certain software? Cost?

Also, I have been reading about Treo's $19.95 plan for unlimited media. Is this legit?

I am wanting to go with the $69.99 plan with 1,100 anytime minutes with $19.99 unlimited media. Minus surcharges, etc my bill should come to approximately $90.00 a month, right? Can you please let me know if it looks like I am overlooking something such as extra charges I am not thinking of covered by the plan.

I am trying to get a good idea of what my monthly bill is, and don't want some huge bill each month to be surprised with. I've read some of the horror stories already...lol

Also, it looks like I should consider ordering the Treo online at Singular for the best rate and best price????

Anyway, if anyone has the time to respond to this I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Steve
    I'm not sure what you mean by "I have to have Outlook Express to check my e-mail." Is your mail held on some sort of proprietary server that only accepts connections from Outlook express? (Heaven forbid!)

Chances are that you can retrieve your mail via POP3 or IMAP, which are standard protocols common to most every mail client and server in the known universe. The 650 comes with a built-in mail client - VersaMail - which will do the trick, but which has proven to be unstable and unreliable for many who use it heavily. I recommend you look at an alternative such as Snapper or Chatter. Both have trial versions that you can download for free.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    go into your account setup for Outlook express and check incoming and outgoing server names. This, along with your username and password are all you will need to enter into versamail to get email via the treo. If you are not used to doing this, read the manual and make sure you understand leaving mail on the server, etc so that you don't accidently end up deleting stuff you want to keep...
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I'm not sure what you mean by "I have to have Outlook Express to check my e-mail." Is your mail held on some sort of proprietary server that only accepts connections from Outlook express? (Heaven forbid!)
    Well, he could be using Hotmail. (Heaven forbid!!)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    yikes