1.    #1  
    Reqwireless hasn't yet committed to making EmailViewer 4.0 available for PalmOne devices. Having seen it on Nokia, it has some very nice enhancements over 3.5. If you are a fan but want these improvements on PalmOne / Treo, let your voice be heard by chiming in on the following discussion thread:

http://reqwireless.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4064
    According to the specs, it already runs on Treo 600 and Treo 650. You just need to have the Java VM installed.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    That's 3.5, dear... not 4.0. 4.0 adds several very useful features that are entirely absent from the Treo. I had them on my Nokia 6820 a while back, but *lost* them when I *upgraded* to the Treo 650. See the thread. Reqwireless isn't pushing for bringing EV 4.0 to Palm unless there is customer demand for it. So if you're interested in getting the latest features of Email Viewer to Treo, let them know... hence my posting and reference to the relevant Reqwireless Forum thread.
    What does Email Viewer do?
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  5.    #5  
    It is a very lightweight (read small) POP and IMAP client. I use it for IMAP and adore it because never, never, never downloads data to my PDA (or phone, in the case that you use it on a device with even less memory). It has many features. If you're curious, I'd recommend reviewing the specifications at http://www.reqwireless.com/emailviewer.html

The point of this thread is to be sure that at least current EmailViewer users are aware that 4.0 may be delayed until sufficient interest is demonstrated.
    I've got EmailViewer 4.0 running on my T600 right now. Now maybe you're referring to a Treo 600/650 specific version, like they did with WebViewer. But the generic Java-based Emailviewer 4.0 does work on the T600.
    I HAD the 4.0 version too until I switched to Snappermail. Very good program I just didnt like the menu functions.

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    I've got EmailViewer 4.0 running on my T600 right now. Now maybe you're referring to a Treo 600/650 specific version, like they did with WebViewer. But the generic Java-based Emailviewer 4.0 does work on the T600.
    I tried the Treo-specific program and found a couple of bugs, the most serious being that there's nowhere available to set up SMTP. I sent a message to their support e-mail address.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad