1.    #1  
    For unknown reason, my Sprint Treo 650 has become much faster in responsiveness than when I first got it over a month ago. For example, when I press the right or left sides of the wheel in my calendar application, the speed is blazing fast in moving to other dates. When I'm reading an email, and press the up or down side of the wheel, the page scrolls up or down very quickly. When I type using the keyboard, my keyboard is now much more sensitive and responsive.

I really have no idea how my Treo became much faster and more responsive. I had recently installed a few applications, but don't believe they have any thing to do with speed. Recent applications installed are: KeyCaps600, VolumeCare, Messenger, Snap. Again, I don't believe any of these apps would affect speed performance on my Treo. My T650 is now as blazing fast in responsiveness as my Palm Tungsten C, which also has blazing speed.

I realize my experience cannot be documented or even replicated, but does anyone have similar experience?

Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    For unknown reason, my Sprint Treo 650 has become much faster in responsiveness than when I first got it over a month ago. For example, when I press the right or left sides of the wheel in my calendar application, the speed is blazing fast in moving to other dates. When I'm reading an email, and press the up or down side of the wheel, the page scrolls up or down very quickly. When I type using the keyboard, my keyboard is now much more sensitive and responsive.

I really have no idea how my Treo became much faster and more responsive. I had recently installed a few applications, but don't believe they have any thing to do with speed. Recent applications installed are: KeyCaps600, VolumeCare, Messenger, Snap. Again, I don't believe any of these apps would affect speed performance on my Treo. My T650 is now as blazing fast in responsiveness as my Palm Tungsten C, which also has blazing speed.

I realize my experience cannot be documented or even replicated, but does anyone have similar experience?

Casey
    I think the change in speed you are perceiving comes from installing keycaps. It may be because you are changing the original "lag time" that usually exists when holding down a key.
  3.    #3  
    The increased speed is also for scrolling through pages, left and right, up and down, in addition to faster typing speed. For example, when I first got my Treo, scrolling up and down through the built in Contact application was painfully slooooow. Now, it's muuuuuch faster, at least 4 or 5 times faster! I don't think the KeyCaps600 application would also make scrolling through my Contacts application faster, but who knows?

I thought the faster responsiveness of my Treo may be from the KeyCaps600 application, but even though I press the "Disabled" button, the faster speed still exists. Yes, I did change the "Delay" to 100ms, but I would think by disabling this application, it would no longer affect my Treo. But then again, anything is possible.
    link to key caps please?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  5.    #5  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=casey+cheung

See post #22 for a .prc download of KeyCaps650 (courtesy of Franko)
  6.    #6  
    Mystery solved! Actually, it is the KeyCaps application set at 100ms that makes scrolling left and right, plus up and down muuuuuuuuuch faster!!

Scrolling speed is at least 3 or 4 times faster than normal, and pretty much matches the same fast speed of my Tungsten C.

If you want faster scrolling speed to blaze through pages quicker, check out KeyCaps!
    I thought the speeds were faster even with Keycaps disabled?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8.    #8  
    It appears to me that the scrolling speed is equal for both enabled and disabled.