Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Hi:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    By Shadowmite's Custom Rom, I deleted Versamail. Now I'm kind of missing it when I see Snapper mail taking its sweet long time scanning through all my inbox mail before downloading the new ones and then disconnecting.

    How can I add Versamail now to my Treo ? Do I've to buy it seperately or reverese the patch and lose all the other benifits ?

    Thanks a lot
    __________________
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. #2  
    How did you delete Versamail.? I only deleted multimail.bprc and multimail_enUS.oprc. I then resynced these 2 files in RAM but I renamed the extension to .prc for it to sync. So basically take out the "b" and the "o" in the file extensions.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Hi:

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    By Shadowmite's Custom Rom, I deleted Versamail. Now I'm kind of missing it when I see Snapper mail taking its sweet long time scanning through all my inbox mail before downloading the new ones and then disconnecting.

    How can I add Versamail now to my Treo ? Do I've to buy it seperately or reverese the patch and lose all the other benifits ?

    Thanks a lot
    __________________
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would suppose you could either re-flash with a ROM that includes Versamail or extract all Versamail files from an unzipped ROM and then copy them over to RAM and run it as RAM resident or move it to the SD card with ZLauncher/PowerRun. etc.
  4. #4  
    Or....you could use Shadowmite's custom ROM maker and just throw it back in there. That seems like the easiest thing to me.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Or....you could use Shadowmite's custom ROM maker and just throw it back in there. That seems like the easiest thing to me.
    that's what I meant by re-flash the ROM - just choose one that already has Versamail resident.
  6. #6  
    Well what I meant was not picking one already made, but using the Customer Rom Maker and just choosing which apps you personally want...it's like open-source ROMing...hehe...I think I just made a buzz word. Ok, so I'm not a comedian.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  7. #7  
    I forgot to ask which custom rom you used. I used custom #4 with versamail. Deleted the 2 files I mentioned and used the T650tool to create my own custom ROM. By freeing up Versamail from ROM I was able to also add Voicesignal to my custom ROM. I then hotsynced the 2 Versamail files I deleted earlier to RAM.
  8. #8  
    NOW that's what I'm talkin' about brotha!! Takin' the matter into your own hands! Don't let the man keep you down from your daily computin' needs!
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  9. #9  
    If you used custom Roms without Versmail then you would need to put all the MMxxxx files from the original Sprint ROM including the 2 Multimail files to RAM. That would be too much work.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    If you used custom Roms without Versmail then you would need to put all the MMxxxx files from the original ROM including the 2 Multimail files to RAM. That would be too much work.
    Got an extra 3 minutes?(or less) That's all it takes using the Custom ROM tool on Shadow's site. it's slick
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Got an extra 3 minutes?(or less) That's all it takes using the Custom ROM tool on Shadow's site.
    I agree the tool is very easy to use. What I usually do is paste or delete files into/from the ace-palmos.zip file and then create (build) a custom ROM from that.
  12.    #12  
    Hi Guys:

    Sorry but I'm still not clear after all those answers. I did custom ROM # 5(WITHOUT VERSAMAIL). If I need versamail now, do I've to restore it back to original (that means it'll be 1.03 not 1.08) and then go for Custom ROM # 5. It looks quite complicated and time consuming to me. So I want to know some easy way to add just versamail FILES(without buying it) to my Custom ROM # 5.

    Or can I go from Custom rom # 5 to # 3 directly ?

    Simple nontechnical language (and in step by step directions)will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks a million again
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #13  
    Just reflash with ROM #3. You shouldn't need to go back.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Hi Guys:

    Sorry but I'm still not clear after all those answers. I did custom ROM # 5(WITHOUT VERSAMAIL). If I need versamail now, do I've to restore it back to original (that means it'll be 1.03 not 1.08) and then go for Custom ROM # 5. It looks quite complicated and time consuming to me. So I want to know some easy way to add just versamail FILES(without buying it) to my Custom ROM # 5.

    Or can I go from Custom rom # 5 to # 3 directly ?

    Simple nontechnical language (and in step by step directions)will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks a million again
    Yes you can go from custom rom #5 to #3 directly.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Hi Guys:

    Sorry but I'm still not clear after all those answers. I did custom ROM # 5(WITHOUT VERSAMAIL). If I need versamail now, do I've to restore it back to original (that means it'll be 1.03 not 1.08) and then go for Custom ROM # 5. It looks quite complicated and time consuming to me. So I want to know some easy way to add just versamail FILES(without buying it) to my Custom ROM # 5.

    Or can I go from Custom rom # 5 to # 3 directly ?

    Simple nontechnical language (and in step by step directions)will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks a million again
    If you have this much trouble I can't help but think you shouldn't be using custom ROMs to begin with.
  16. #16  
    how would I put voicedial by voicesignal in ROM? it seems like it always gets messed up when I try to restore the RAM using bbVFS?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    how would I put voicedial by voicesignal in ROM? it seems like it always gets messed up when I try to restore the RAM using bbVFS?
    It's a large .prc so you'll probably have to eliminate programs like Vmail/realp, etc. to get enoungh space. Once you've done that just add it like you would any program on a Custom ROM. I have it in mine and it works perfectly.
  18. #18  
    I already have ROM #5 so those programs are already gone. Is there anywayyou could send me the ROM you used? Is this possible and then I just enter in my registration code into VD?
  19. #19  
    i am not sure how to add a program into ROM...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    i am not sure how to add a program into ROM...
    Lots and lots on this issue both here and at Shadowmite.com. My suggestion would be to read, read, read to see if you're willing and/or technically savvie enough to go here.

    Once you boil it down, it is actually easily accomplished with the tools available on Shadowmite's site but it does require considerable education on your part before taking action.

    Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions