1.    #1  
    I have a treo 650 and I have an image that is 320x136 .. When I view it in "media" the image shows up fine. When I set it as my wall paper the left and right side of the image is cut off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I have never placed a pic that small on my treo but you could just drag and drop it on a 320 x 320 balnk pic in photoshop so your treo won try to reposition it.
    320x240, not 320x320. about 80 pixels are taken up by the phone status, date, etc.

The Treo tries to make a wallpaper image fit the screen, but doesn't seem to do a very good job of it when the proportions aren't 4:3.. Sizing the image manually is a better way to go.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Ya, I know the bottom and top are cut off by the phone status, date, etc.
    thats why I said to drop it onto a blank 320x320. If you position it in the right spot all parts that you want to show will because the treo wont try to resize the 320x320 blank background. Im just guessing cause I havent tried it but it sounds good.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 04/26/2005 at 09:15 PM.
    That still won't work correctly in all cases, because the Treo (at least in my experience testing with a 320x320 image), still tries to resize the entire image to fit the visible part of the screen. The only way I've consistently gotten my wallpaper to look correct on the screen is manually size it to 320 x 240.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I never noticed it cut edges off before. I still had missing edges with 320x240. I dropped to 1 row of favorites and was still missing a bit. Maybey its around 320x230. Thats alot of silly trouble to get a picture to set right. I'll stick with my skinner skins