1.    #1  
    I just got my 650 - love it! I used to dial Earthlink on my Ericsson T39 with my Tungsten T. Worked great to get my mail! Now, I can't seem to get the 650 to do the same thing. What am I missing?

Please send help.

Norman
    Quote Originally Posted by pcboy70
    I just got my 650 - love it! I used to dial Earthlink on my Ericsson T39 with my Tungsten T. Worked great to get my mail! Now, I can't seem to get the 650 to do the same thing. What am I missing?

Please send help.

Norman
    If you have a data plan from your wireless carrier, you don't need to "dial up" to Earthlink at all...you can just set up your email client to POP from pop.earthlink.net and send via smtpauth.earthlink.net.

The GSM Treos will certainly do CSD if you really do want to "dial" an Earthlink POP; I don't know for sure if the CDMA ones will do CSD or not, but I think they do.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    The CDMA treos generally use the 1xRTT network, so, CSD isn't really a default (though it might be possible to set up).
    Did anyone ever answer this? I just got an unlocked GSM Treo 650 -- I used to do dial-up to Earthlink, through T-Mobile, on my old 270; I've copied the settings to the 650 but it just seems to get hung up trying to connect. Is there something odd about the Connection preferences?

Thanks,
    Stuart