Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Why should you have to do that!? Sometimes the device will reset without you knowing it. When this happens, you will not know that the phone is off. You may miss calls. You will get errors or delays when trying to connect to web or make a call because it is not on.

It is real convenient to have it turn itself back on when it resets.

I have TreoGuard that does it now.

I never thought about that, good point Also I have Treo Guard and didnt know that was a feature in there. Thanks.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for all of the help everyone! thanks godschoice I am glad you took the time to help me, thanks alot! oh yeah and where would i be without you meyerweb!!!

I am going to slowly read about programs and see about loading them. I am new to palm (had a pocket pc a while back) so the OS itself takes some time to get used to.

I want to get the treo up and running just as great as everyone else raves about! I took a picture on it, and it really showcases the amazing screen, its very crisp! this thing is gonna be great to watch movies and tv shows!
    You might want to install a screen protector. Many have said that the one that came with the Treo is not good. Suggest though that you use that first while you haven't bought another one.

I like Brando, others swear by Boxwave, there are others mentioned in this forum.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I just typed out a very extensive 650 Newb's First Ten Steps yesterday <grin>

See message number 12 in this thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=82551

And add Directory Assistant to the software list.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I never thought about that, good point Also I have Treo Guard and didnt know that was a feature in there. Thanks.
    The freeware PowerUp from Go Treo Software does this too.

Edit [Duh...I guess I shoulda read page 1 before page 2]
    Get a good case no matter what you do. Trust me on this, you don't want to have the baby slip out of your pocket onto the cement or a it bang into a nice, brass doorknob as you scoot past that hot babe...

Check out innopocket.com...
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    For great info on cases check out my case thread at pdaphonehome

Or this case thread here at TC
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Get a good case no matter what you do. Trust me on this, you don't want to have the baby slip out of your pocket onto the cement or a it bang into a nice, brass doorknob as you scoot past that hot babe...

Check out innopocket.com...
    unless you're not a case person. they either cover the keyboard, the screen, the button or are too bulky.......E-Grips
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    run into a problem. I've read through these threads, the palmone manual and the palmone update link, but still stumped.

I renamed the backup folder "backupold", inserted the new desktop software cd and installed.
    I chose the old username I'd and hot synced, expecting the manager to tranfer only my "pim" info over to the 650 from the 600 - NOT the 3rd party apps yet, because I want to install them one at a time.
    well it seems to just go ahead restoring all my 3rd party apps all at once!!! I thought palmone's site stated it wouldn't do this!?

what am I doing wrong, everybody? how do I stop the desktop manager from restoring all of my 3rd party apps to the 650 all at once when I sync? I'm trying to install each app one at a time so that there are no memory crashes, and also in order to transfer the registration codes over as well.

what am I missing guys!? I'm a little frustrated here.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    You are supposed to rename your USERNAME folder
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    what should I do? reinstall the old desktop software, rename my username folder, and try this again? thanks for the response, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    what should I do? reinstall the old desktop software, rename my username folder, and try this again? thanks for the response, by the way.
    NO! you should Hard reset your Treo then rename your username folder then try it again. NO need to reinstall your deskstop software
    Actually I told you wrong last night (it was late) the backup folder in your username folder is the one you want to rename. I am not sure why that doesn't work for you.
    I have some programs that will reinstall themselves aside from the back up folder being renamed. They are the ones that run live updates during a sync. Other than those none of you 3rd party applications should carry over if you have renamed your backup folder.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    should I go back and rename the backup folder inside the username folder again, and try this again?
    I'm puzzled as to why renaming the backup folder didn't work too!
    since I've already installed it, what should I do? I don't want to mess anything up any further
    What or how many 3rd party application were installed on the T650? Are you sure they are your 3rd party applications or are they apps from the sprint disk? Did you make any changes after that? Were the 3rd party applications that were installing themselves ones that run a live update during hot sync? Is there now a newly created backup folder and what is in it if there is?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I have the following applications:

2day, agendus pro, brightcam, checklist, clip pro, contacts 5, epocrates rx, ereader, handmark express, splash money, pocket tunes deluxe, snappermail,verichat, and xiino.

epocrates rx is the only app which autoupdates during hot syncs.
    Is there now a newly created backup folder and what is in it if there is?
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    should I go back and rename the backup folder inside the username folder again, and try this again?
    I'm puzzled as to why renaming the backup folder didn't work too!
    since I've already installed it, what should I do? I don't want to mess anything up any further
    The "Backup" folder contains I believe just the prc / pbd files of your programs that don't create their own backup folders. Data such as contacts and all the other stuff are all within the Username folder. The username folder will usually be 6 characters from your user name. For example the user "Vinnie Bachagalupe" would have something like "VinnieB"

Rename that folder to "bacup-old" or "VinnieOld" and try again. If you are doing this as a means to check to see what programs are making your Treo go bonkie, I'd save Agendus Pro, Epocrates, PTD, snapper and verichat for the last few. These are either ones we've seen mentioned before as having conflicts or larger, more complicated programs and are 1) more likely to have a line of code in there that makes something burp or 2) use enough memory that you might get into trouble in that arena.
    StylinAR wasnt having trouble with a particular app as far as I know. The goal was to go from the t600 to the t650 and hide the backup so that after syncing the new t650 only one app could be added at a time just to be cautious. But something went wrong and all the old apps got installed. I say rename the back up folder, hard reset sync again, drag and drop PIM, sync, then add an app a day.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast