Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    New DTG version released...

http://www.dataviz.com/products/index.html
    what are the fixes?
    Wow still no support for microsoft works when so many computers ship with works instead of word, I still have to set syncronization to do nothing.

I bet the non-support of microsoft works is the cause of alot of user doc2go crashes.
    Well, I just updated, and it seems to read .txt files from my SD card. When I opened up DTG after updating, it loaded hundreds of archived Snappermail emails that are on my SD card. Nice feature I guess, but it created a large amount of clutter for me.

Edit: Just used the filter function and the hundreds of emails are now hidden (changed the filter from all formats to just word to go) so it's no big deal.
    What's up with the hidden e-mail it finds? About 20 were located on my 650 and I deleted them since they were things that were clearly junk. I couldn't find them in my e-mail program, so I'm confused why they were on my 650. Any ideas?
    Last edited by MarkY; 04/27/2005 at 09:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Is there a list of changes? I can't find it at
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=2430
    I also updated to 7.006 and it also found some old .txt files I never new existed on my treo. Wonder where they came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Wow still no support for microsoft works when so many computers ship with works instead of word, I still have to set syncronization to do nothing.

I bet the non-support of microsoft works is the cause of alot of user doc2go crashes.
    Computers aimed at the professionals incude Windows XP Pro and Microsoft Office.

Computers aimed at home users usually get Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    I also updated to 7.006 and it also found some old .txt files I never new existed on my treo. Wonder where they came from?

Mine are from Snapper. Check Details on one of the files and you will see a path that might tell you which app they are from.
    How did you (as in anyone) install? Did you uninstall the previous version first? When I install I get an error when I try to use the program that it detects an earlier version!
    I just used the DataViz tool to move DTG from my SD card to main memory then ran the new version install on my PC. After I hotsynced, I used the tool to move DTG back to the card and everything was fine. I did not uninstall the earlier version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I just used the DataViz tool to move DTG from my SD card to main memory then ran the new version install on my PC. After I hotsynced, I used the tool to move DTG back to the card and everything was fine. I did not uninstall the earlier version.
    That's exactly what I did except for the "everything was fine part." I have reinstalled a couple of times (as directed to by the dataviz support site for poor souls getting my error message) and still get the same error. So then I followed your advice by moving the apps to the card with DatavizTech (which is where they resided before my install) and then got the message that I did not have the apps necessary to open this document. Aaaahhhhh!
    Any other ideas as I keep struggling here.
    Thanks.
    I finally got it but in the process I created a bigger problem. I have somehow managed to cause my contacts not to work from the favorites button on the phone screen. I have tried recreating it to no avail. It works if I select it from the launcher. It never stops . . . . why do I still love this device so?
    That's fine if you have enough main memory to move all DtG bits back. For those of us with marginal main memory (T650) and no legal firmware updater yet, it's not going to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    That's fine if you have enough main memory to move all DtG bits back. For those of us with marginal main memory (T650) and no legal firmware updater yet, it's not going to fly.
    So move some other stuff to the card to make room then move it back after the upgrade. Or don't upgrade.
    thanks!!
    So welcome! Always glad to help where I can
    No need to move the apps back to memory. I didn't. After the upgrade, it asks to hotsync the new apps to your handheld - go ahead and hotsync (default location). Then use the Tech tool and move the apps to SD card. It will then ask you if you want to replace the existing apps on the card - say OK. Done. Everything works as it did. No worries.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    no...free upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Well, I just updated, and it seems to read .txt files from my SD card. When I opened up DTG after updating, it loaded hundreds of archived Snappermail emails that are on my SD card. Nice feature I guess, but it created a large amount of clutter for me.

Edit: Just used the filter function and the hundreds of emails are now hidden (changed the filter from all formats to just word to go) so it's no big deal.
    fyi ... v7.003 also did this. I would have liked to know about the filter idea before my Snappermail just corrupted >700 emails and I ended up losing them ... and the many MS Words docs which I didn't want listed in my DTG display.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast