Is there any way to get a visual indicator for Sound mode Off?

The first thing that pops my mind is to do something with the LED (orange blinking, etc....)

/Stig
    Last edited by furu; 04/26/2005 at 01:32 PM.
    I use SoundOff, which can generate a popup reminder and vibration every x minutes when the 650 is muted.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I also use SoundOff.
    Soes anyone find the 650's mute switch to be a bit hair-trigger? With my 600 I had to really want to move the switch, but the 650 flops to mute every time I take it out of my (Covertec) pouch case.

I'm thinking about finding some rubber and cutting little rubber nubbies to stick in the switch well to prevent unintended muting.
    I think it varies from unit to unit - the manufacturing tolerances are a little sloppy. My original 650 was like yours, but the mute switch on the replacement is much more positive.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I may have a better solution for everyone. The application that I am about to release has a software mute feature that is virtually equivalent to the hardware switch.

ScheduleCare (Soon to be renamed to ProfileCare) is a full featured profile utility for the Treo 600/650. With it you can have timed or manual profiles or calendar driven profiles. Within a profile, one of the commands that you can perform is a Full Mute just like the hardware switch. The nice thing is that this option allows you specify a timeout so that your Mute will automatically UnMute at some later time. SC also gives you a powerup status window that lets you know when you have active profiles.

Jeff
    I use Profiles.
    I also have one profile called "Silent" which sets all of the volumes to 0.
    Rather than turn the ringer off, I activate the "Silent" profile to expire in 2 hours.
    After 2 hours (or any duration I pick) it automatically returns to the previous profile which is usually 'normal.' This way I can't forget to turn the ringer back on.
    You can get it here: http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-19.html?Profiles
    I suggest reading the directions to understand how to use the quick profile set button to do what I just described.
    I'll give ScheduleCare a look, see if I like it better than Profiles for.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/27/2005 at 03:12 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Both SC (PC) and Profiles work well. I've played around with both, and am undecided as to which I'm going to keep. SC(PC) is an awesome app, with tremendous functionality and flexibiltiy. Profiles is more basic, simpler and more intuitive to use (at least for me), and free (I don't know what Jeff is going to sell SC(PC) for).

I consider either one of them to be an almost mandatory addition to overcome P1's stupid decision NOT to include profile capability in the Treo.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I may have a better solution for everyone. The application that I am about to release has a software mute feature that is virtually equivalent to the hardware switch.
    Please have an option of having some obvious (obnoxious :-) flashing icon or LED when the device is muted (through your software or the hardware switch).

Are you testing for compatibility with Butler? I feel nervous with multiple programs battling for the control of resources like LED ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I like the apps that have been talked about, but the original post is still right. We need an app that does a led flash when the mute is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Please have an option of having some obvious (obnoxious :-) flashing icon or LED when the device is muted (through your software or the hardware switch).

Are you testing for compatibility with Butler? I feel nervous with multiple programs battling for the control of resources like LED ....
    I will add support for this in the next build. Good idea.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I will add support for this in the next build. Good idea.

Jeff
    I just added this support into ScheduleCare. You will see it posted later today.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I use SoundOff, which can generate a popup reminder and vibration every x minutes when the 650 is muted.
    Thank's! Nice app with no "fuzz" . Installed and remained........
    (...but I would like to se a LED indication....)