Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In 14 months of using a Treo 600 I never had a scratch. In two months of using a Treo 650 my screen has numerous scratches, including a 1/4" round rub mark in the bottom center.

I'm going to call Palm and see if I can get a replacement, but has anyone else seen the same behaviour?
    Two words:

Screen Protector
  3.    #3  
    I installed the one that came with it, but it made the display very blurry.
    We've got about 12 Treo's in our organization and I've not seen anything like you have described. I did however just install a screen protector on mine just in case
    I found the included screen protector a bit crummy and threw it away- just hang on to the template. I opted for ones from Fellows and they're working out just fine.

The protectors will get messy at times but its nice to know you can just peel it off and replace it with a new one.
    I actually ordered my screen protectors from the TreoCentral store. While a little bit on the pricy side, it's extremely good. The material is much tougher and at the same time, you only lose a minimal amount of sensitivity when using the stylus. The one that came with the T650 absolutely sucks!
    Where's this included screen protector? Is it in the shrink wrap with the manual? I never opened that. I just cut off the little tab on the piece of plastic that protected it during shipment and left it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    Where's this included screen protector? Is it in the shrink wrap with the manual? I never opened that. I just cut off the little tab on the piece of plastic that protected it during shipment and left it on.
    OMG you are missing the beautiful screen
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I use Nu-Shield screen protectors and they are awesome. They don't hide the beautiful screen and are crystal clear. You can't even tell it's on there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer
    I use Nu-Shield screen protectors and they are awesome. They don't hide the beautiful screen and are crystal clear. You can't even tell it's on there!
    I used them for a long time on my 600 and my 650 and absolutely loved them. I ordered some from Boxwave a while back just to check them out. My only regret is not using Boxwave sooner. Nu-sheilds still allow some scratching by stuff getting under the protector.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Same here, I never had a scratch on my 600, I never used a screen protector. The 650 stratches much easier, I have several small ones.

I never get a screen protector on without bubbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Same here, I never had a scratch on my 600, I never used a screen protector. The 650 stratches much easier, I have several small ones.

The boxwave is VERY install friendly I have zero bubbles and it took almost no effort. Its thicker than a typical sticky one. I always heard about them and didn't order any for the same reason. I am so glad I finally gave it a shot.
    You can get a crystal clear screen protector. Check your stylus tip maybey you got a bad one.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Since I started using screen protectors on my PPCs I have used either NuShield or G2. Both are crystal clear and have not allowed the screen to get scratched at all. In addition, they last many months...

On my iMate Jam I just bought from someone, there is a screen protector on that is antiglare and I really like it. It really looks nice, and while it is not quite as clear as the other two I mentioned, I think that when I find out what they are I will get some for my Treo as well.

Be patient.. Even if there's tiny bubbles in a few places after applying the screen protector, they'll 'disapear' in a few days, maybe a week. I am not all that good at putting them on either, and always wind up with some small bubbles here and there, but they're always gone soon.
    I used the one that came with the treo and it works great. You just have to apply it carefully with a credit card and it will look perfect. I constantly throw my treo in my gym bag and it abuses the hell out of the screen. The protector has scratches all over it, but when I took it off the screen was perfect.
    The anti-glare ones come from Pocket PC Techs. I use (and love) them.

Todd/Indy
    I use G2's from pdascreenprotectors.com

Anyone else still using these?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover

It takes me forever to put on one of those flimsey screen protectors and I always get bubbles. If you get the protectors that are a little thicker theres no chance of bubbles and its super easy to put on and take off. They also hold up better. Mine has been on for 4 months and it looks brand new.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    NOTHING is crystal clear other than no screen protector. It's all about perception. Even the Boxwave and G2's and the like are not crystal clear. With all screen protectors you'll either get bubbles, lint, dust, or something in there that will drive you nuts if you're a perfectionist and are looking for the "no screen protector look". To achieve that look, just don't use a screen protector . I don't use them anymore on my 650, after all, isn't "stylus free use" what a lot of the gloating over the PPC phones is about?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast