Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't have a single scratch and never used a screen protector. I guess it depends on how you use it.
    I still think screen protectors are a good idea for a phone that costs that much.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I use martin fields overlay screen for my p910 phone and it's sweet. It's not a sticker but rather like a thick plastic kinda like the thickness of the cardboard holder of reeses peanut butter cups (the bottom white board) and it's perfectly clear in my tastes and also has no sticky stuff..it uses static to click to the screen, I take it off once a month, soak it in some warp soapy water, rub it down then let it air dry then prop it back on again...really nice...i'm going today to find if I can get one for the 650.

Here you go if you wanna take a look.

http://www.doml.com/product.asp?id=1641&model=treo_650

or

http://www.overlayplus.com/US/dis_pr...eln=Treo%20650
    Last edited by Darkflame; 04/27/2005 at 09:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    With all screen protectors you'll either get bubbles, lint, dust, or something in there that will drive you nuts if you're a perfectionist and are looking for the "no screen protector look".

for the record I don't have the aforementioned items under my Boxwave screen protector that actually cuts down glare outdoors
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    all screen protectors you'll either get bubbles, lint, dust, or something in there that will drive you nuts if you're a perfectionist
    I am a perfectionist and those protectors drove me nuts.

rule nr 1 though: immediately destroy the screen protector P1 delivers with the box. what a useless POS. impossible to install properly. needless to say: how to get that piece off the screen again?

am now with a non-adhesive protector, and the gal installing it was wiping my fone for some 15 minutes before adjusting the protector, lifting it again and cleaning it with tape, and again, and again. sure clean and dust-, bubble- and lint-free now!
    I was reading yesterday that if you place the protector on their while a warm shower is going the air in the bathroom will be dust free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I was reading yesterday that if you place the protector on their while a warm shower is going the air in the bathroom will be dust free.
    but only under a waning moon during a midweek national holiday
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    for the record I don't have the aforementioned items under my Boxwave screen protector that actually cuts down glare outdoors
    Same here nothing under it at all.
    I registered just to post this.

I recently got my Treo650, and being a perfectionist I *HATE* scratches, smudges, etc on my screen. I'm one of those folks that hold it away from my face a bit while I'm talking and if I do get a smudge I immediately wipe it off. (Yes, I'm one of *those* people... )

I did a lot of research and found that the G2 protectors came highly recommended, so I ordered some.

They came today, and I honestly don't understand why some folks say that the G2's can be difficult to install - they certainly aren't on the Treo.

In any case, with the cleaning wipes that I purchased along with a can of compressed air, I installed the G2 without so much as a single speck of dust anywhere to be seen. It honestly looks as if there's NOTHING THERE...

So if you want that "No screen protector look" it IS possible - it just takes some patience.

My Treo 650 wasn't even out of the box and I had a screen protector ready to slap on. I get nuts if there is even the smallest scratch on my screen. Just knowing that it's there I have to do something about it. Replace, or scrap the phone and get something else. Yeah, I have issues
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12