1.    #1  
    I just bought the UWK. Installed the keyboard.prc driver on the CD (ver 1.05, also on the P1 web site).

The keyboard works. But when I run the Keyboard application on the treo, it causes a soft reset. #*377 says that Keyboard caused a Fatal Exception.

I cannot customize or change any settings for the keyboard.

Anyone seen this? A search did not show any one having resets.

I have keycaps650 installed (that is the only keyboard-related application). Disabling Keycaps seems to make no difference.

Any ideas on how to fix this (short of hard reset)?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I would try uninstalling the driver, then reinstalling the driver from the website. That might work.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    That is the same file and does the same thing.

I forgot Keyshades .. another keyboard related application I have.

Here are the applications (all latest versions):

On treo:

Audiolist
    Backupbuddy VFS
    Butler
    Card Export
    Crash
    Datebk5
    Docs to Go
    FileZ
    Keycaps650
    Keyshade
    McPhling
    Ptunes
    Radio Control
    RealPlayer
    TreoAlarm
    VoiceDial

I have a number of apps on SD card, but those shouldn't matter (they are not loaded, and the problem occurs even if SD card is removed).

Thanks for any pointers ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  4.    #4  
    Now I'm in trouble.

Deleting Keycaps650 and Keyshade did not help.

The simple options are gone. I'll play with this when I do a hard reset (soon, I hope, as part of GSM firmware update .. when officially released).

Is there anyone here who is running the UWK driver on their Treo 650 successfully?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Is there anyone here who is running the UWK driver on their Treo 650 successfully?
    I am, no problems. You should still try deleting and reinstalling the driver.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  6.    #6  
    Sorry for being impolite (taliking to myself ..) but I found the solution. Hopefully this will help someone else searching for similar issues:

There is a conflict between Realplayer 1.6.1 and UWK driver. Deleting RP 1.6.1 (and reverting back to the RP 1.6.0 in the ROM) fixed the resets.

Treo is happy with Heycaps650 and Keyshades re-installed.

I use pTunes anyway, so this was no big deal for me to go back to RP in the ROM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM