Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    How come some people are getting better speaker performance from the same firmware update (1.23)? Are people just lying to themselves or speaking the truth? Haven't jump ship yet...I just had to do a hard reset and am waiting for the 1.25 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    1.23 installed... verified garnet update and new phone info... it IS there.

New logo on startup and shutdown,
    No speaker or earpiece difference,
    No changes in anemic bluetooth profiles
    Still only 8.2 mb of free memory with no installed apps at all (besides Card Export II)
    That damned "cancel" button in Call Log is STILL highlighted... those a***oles don't get it do they?

Nothing significant at all.
    This wasn't one of those crashing/resetting phones to begin with.

What's the big deal with this update anyway?
    There is a Huge difference for me in both the Speakerphone & the earpiece.

8.2MB free with no apps? I have 12.7MB with All of my apps installed (I gained 5.6MB when I did the upgrade)

For me this upgrade resolved the only 2 real issues with the Treo 650. I would call that very significant.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    How come some people are getting better speaker performance from the same firmware update (1.23)? Are people just lying to themselves or speaking the truth? Haven't jump ship yet...I just had to do a hard reset and am waiting for the 1.25 update.
    I got a very large and noticible increase in the speaker/earpiece volume with 1.23.

(just to make sure it wasn't psychological, I accessed my VM on speakerphone when my woman was watching TV across the room to see if she would say anything. She immediately looked over at me and asked why my speakerphone was so much louder than it used to be)

If you just did a H.R., then now is the time to do the upgrade as it H.R.s your phone anyways.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Yes, speakerphone is definitely louder up to the pont that I have to lower the volume now. Better volume started with 1.21 (also improved mic reception during speakerphone calls). However, mic sensitivity decreased with 1.23. A friend with a se p910i has done testing with me eversince 1.15. At first it was hard to believe since it was the latest firmware. Anyone care to test mic sensitivity on speakerphone mode?
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Anybody experiencing problems with echoing after doing the update? My contacts compain about an annoying echo when I turn up the volume.

I have left the volume at the "middle value" - the one you always get after a soft reset..

(I have applied the 1.23 firmware update....)
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Any guy tried copy RepliGo Viewer to 1.23 rom treo 650?

It let me in a Reset Loop!!

I've tested every single file and find RepliGo is the one make my 650 reset. Hard reset 10 times......
    Hmm...the latest two complaints about mic sensitivity is disturbing. I like the new memory thing but the Treo is still a phone (my main one at that) Still at 1.15...
    This is probably a stupid question but can you go back on firmware? Like if I didn't like 1.23 can I do a hard reset and go back to 1.15?
    I believe so, but I haven't seen anyone post that they have actually done that yet.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    This is probably a stupid question but can you go back on firmware? Like if I didn't like 1.23 can I do a hard reset and go back to 1.15?
    Yup. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82835
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I'm such a noob...What ROM are you GSM users using for the custom roms? Every site I visit says "this rom is for sprint users only!". Am I missing something? Or can I use the same ROM but take every sprint specific thing out? I read the ROM update FAQ but I'm stuck at Step 7 where it says "Download the ROM". What rom are they talking about?
    I'm such a noob...What ROM are you GSM users using for the custom roms? Every site I visit says "this rom is for sprint users only!". Am I missing something? Or can I use the same ROM but take every sprint specific thing out? I read the ROM update FAQ but I'm stuck at Step 7 where it says "Download the ROM". What rom are they talking about?
    No, please, dont use the Sprint rom. That will ruin the phone. Earlier in this thread there is a link to the 1.23 beta firmware for GSM phones. There is also a thread of someone who successfully customized one.

However, take my advice. Don't do it. The memory you will save is not worth the hassle and risk if you are not very comfortable doing these things.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Yeah, I just did the fw update and now running at 1.23. But the idea of customizing my ROM sounds interesting.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Spacehog,

Any news on the 1.25 update? May 5 is just 3 days away.
    I just successfully loaded 1.23 on to my Cingular Branded Locked Handset...no problems at all...The several resets had me worried there for a minute (almost like a reset loop...) but overall no problems...I will report my findings as well!
    I just spoke with our local Palmone Distributor. There is still no official upgrade released. What they have is the beta version also for testing purposes.
    Well, I'll just be patient in the meantime and will probably start posting again on May 5. That's the day we're supposed to get the official version. :-)
    Im going down to 1.21. Been having freezes with the messaging app. I get a message and at times have caused my treo to just slooooowwww down to a point that it needs a reset. This didnt happen with 1.21
    Post 73 contains the download link.