Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    1. Unzip the mail .zip file onto an empty SD card. You will get a PALM directory containing one .prc file and a subsirectory with many more. Don't unzip any of the nested files.
    2. Make sure you have a good backup, either via Hotsync or a VFS backup utility (to a different SD card).
    3. Hard reset your Treo.
    4. Insert the card with the extracted files; the update will launch automatically. You will need to select your desired language as part of the process.
    5. Once the upgrade is complete and the device has finished resetting, remove the update card and restore your apps and data.
    How do I unzip the folder directly to the SD card without using the Palm Quick Install App which wants to only accept the "Start" Palm app?
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    How do I unzip the folder directly to the SD card without using the Palm Quick Install App which wants to only accept the "Start" Palm app?
    I used an SD card reader.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I used an SD card reader.
    You mean to say that this $600 POS can't be used as it's own SD card reader?!?!?!
    Anyone... Beuhler Beuhler Beuhler... anyone? LOL OMFG you've got to be kidding...

You mean I need ANOTHER device to install this app? Hah... I love this crap!

... and you guys bellyache about Microsoft!
    Last edited by docmaster; 04/30/2005 at 11:14 PM.
    Surely there has to be a way to drag whole folders of data over to the card via a Treo 650... c'mon.. somebody?
    Download and install the trial version of Card Export II from PalmGear. It will allow you to see the SD card as if it was in an external card reader, and you can extract the .zip file directly to the card. If you don't want to continue the Card Export trial after you upgrade, take your backups before you install it.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I successfully upgraded my Cingular phone from 1.05 directly to 1.23. Went from 7M free to 13.5.

Everything seems fine except I am getting reboots after each Hotsync. Any suggestions on what is causing this? #*377 reports reset caused while running hotsync. PIMsDataMgr.c, line:135 checkRecordChunk mean chunk is null...
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #128  
    allright guys, ive had the chance to test out the latest version i got on a friend's treo, and everything is working brilliantly. could somebody with version 1.23 please go into "phone info" and tell me what their software id is? it should start Treo650- 1.06...

if the version i have is newer (its the latest "final beta" release from palm) ill upload it to one of the guys who sent me a hosting offer. thanks for your patience..
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    allright guys, ive had the chance to test out the latest version i got on a friend's treo, and everything is working brilliantly. could somebody with version 1.23 please go into "phone info" and tell me what their software id is? it should start Treo650- 1.06...

if the version i have is newer (its the latest "final beta" release from palm) ill upload it to one of the guys who sent me a hosting offer. thanks for your patience..
    Here's what mine says in Phone Info:

Firmware: 01.23
    Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/01.23-ROW

I had to use a smaller font (thanks to Fonts4OS5) for the whole second line to fit on the screen...

KS
    Well I just did it.

Straight from 1.1(whatever) GSM unlocked
    to 1.23.

I am surprized it only took 5 mins.

The absolute Only problem I had was the slightly low earpiece/speakerphone volume, hopefully that is fixed...

about to test it out...
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  11.    #131  
    hey keyser, well it seems you guys have the latest cause thats exactly what i have. in other words, the current 1.23 update floating online is the latest firmware update available right now, but we can still expect to get another final release sometime this week or next.

as always, ill keep all you guys updated..
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    hey keyser, well it seems you guys have the latest cause thats exactly what i have. in other words, the current 1.23 update floating online is the latest firmware update available right now, but we can still expect to get another final release sometime this week or next.

as always, ill keep all you guys updated..
    Thanks spacehog for the confirmation. Hopefully you can dig out 1.25 final release before May 5. I am also wondering whether the final official release will be provided in an SD update format. If PalmOne only releases it to the public as a cable update via hotsync then we cannot make our own custom ROMs any more. But I am sure with your resource you could give us an SD update file just like you did with 1.23.
    THe latest release is 1.10 ROW and its currently being tested by our local network, Smart. I was told by our local Palmone distributor it will be definitely released by this week.
  14. ivy
    Does this FW work also for european GSM unlocked phone (Azerty keyboard) ?
    worked fine for me on 2 phones. dealt with time delay problems when connecting to a network.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Download and install the trial version of Card Export II from PalmGear. It will allow you to see the SD card as if it was in an external card reader, and you can extract the .zip file directly to the card. If you don't want to continue the Card Export trial after you upgrade, take your backups before you install it.
    Thanks, you saved me a lot of hassle.

Amazing that it takes a 3rd party to do what P1 should have, isn't it?

Any known ill effects on the basic function of the 650 by installing it?

TD
    1.23 installed... thanks again for the advice on Card Export II.

Under Bluetooth... was "Dial-Up Networking" there before, or is that a new addition?
    1.23 installed... verified garnet update and new phone info... it IS there.

New logo on startup and shutdown,
    No speaker or earpiece difference,
    No changes in anemic bluetooth profiles
    Still only 8.2 mb of free memory with no installed apps at all (besides Card Export II)
    That damned "cancel" button in Call Log is STILL highlighted... those a***oles don't get it do they?

Nothing significant at all.
    This wasn't one of those crashing/resetting phones to begin with.

What's the big deal with this update anyway?
    Under Bluetooth... was "Dial-Up Networking" there before, or is that a new addition?
    It's been there the whole time, but it was hidden from view on Cingular branded phones; it's always been visible on unlocked P1 phones.
    1.23 installed... verified garnet update and new phone info... it IS there.

Still only 8.2 mb of free memory with no installed apps at all (besides Card Export II)
    As said over and over and over, do a hard reset. There's a lot of stray stuff left in ram after the firmware update.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast