Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    So Has anyone upgraded from a stock locked Cingular 650 to 1.23?
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I went from a locked Cingular 650 to 1.21 and then to 1.23. I had no problems with either upgrade. I don't see why going straight to 1.23 would be any problem.

Brett
    Upgraded to 1.21. After a week I've noticed some occasions where my 650 became extremely sluggish, taking 10 seconds to go from icon to icon in the launcher.

1.21 has a memory leak somewhere methinks
    Treo central photo challenge #1 - http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?p=623994
    So I'm guessing that once this is installed I cant get back to Cingular stock version?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    So Has anyone upgraded from a stock locked Cingular 650 to 1.23?
    I just did. Keyboard dim is really neat. Gonna restore all my info - but I noticed I lost a cool feature I had just found. There was a preset (cingular) button that would send a request to text my phone how many mins I had left. If anyone could tell me how to restore that I would REALLY appreciate it. There were a couple more that I don't remember too - anything I'm missing out on? Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    I just did. Keyboard dim is really neat. Gonna restore all my info - but I noticed I lost a cool feature I had just found. There was a preset (cingular) button that would send a request to text my phone how many mins I had left. If anyone could tell me how to restore that I would REALLY appreciate it. There were a couple more that I don't remember too - anything I'm missing out on? Thanks!!
    Ok finally found the answer. http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/starservices

For those that might have the same question.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I went from a locked Cingular 650 to 1.21 and then to 1.23. I had no problems with either upgrade. I don't see why going straight to 1.23 would be any problem.

Brett
    Me 2, no problems, just a happy treo 650
    I have a Cingular locked phone - install worked perfectly - recovered 5MB - volume seems better etc but I am a little confused about one aspect - does the rom determine if the phone is locked or unlocked - do I now have an unlocked phone.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stack
    do I now have an unlocked phone.
    Nope, sorry, the subsidy lock is not affected by the firmware version.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Upgraded direct from 1.15 to 1.23 on an unlocked GSM 650 (in the UK on Vodafone). No probs so far and speakerphone is MUCH louder.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I upgraded a locked AT&T 650 - worked fine. Others report Cingular models work too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    Why no wifi built in on Treo 650
    Because Sprint did not want it.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I fixed the "blank phone off" screen by deleting anhill's Phone_ATTWS that I had previously installed.
    1.23 still has the memory leak where blazer gives out 'not enough memory' errors on large pages.

/v
    I have firmware 1.05 and am on Cingular with a GSM locked Treo 650. Am I on the latest "official" formware and if so will the May 5th update be available for me?
    I upgraded an unlocked 650 with firmware 1.14 straight to 1.23. No problems so far and recovered 4 megs.
    Do anyone think this update will fix some reset problems many people is having with their treo 650 and if the GSM treo 650 didnt have much reset problems in the first place?

Im waiting for the treo 650 to become more stable b4 i purchase another one, just wanted to see if this is the big break for the treo's to be more obident to their owners .
    hi everyone - I have a locked cingular 650 & had no problems w/ the upgrade to 1.23 but I have noticed a couple of minor issues that I assume the official release will correct. 1) caller ID does not always work. 2) blazer gives the memory error when I know there is plenty. 3) voicemail icon does not always work. I did not notice any of these issues w/1.21...oh well the official release will be here soon.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    hi everyone - I have a locked cingular 650 & had no problems w/ the upgrade to 1.23 but I have noticed a couple of minor issues that I assume the official release will correct. 1) caller ID does not always work. 2) blazer gives the memory error when I know there is plenty. 3) voicemail icon does not always work. I did not notice any of these issues w/1.21...oh well the official release will be here soon.
    I just did the upgrade on my Cingular phone, but havent used it long enough to experience those problems. Did you have those problems before 1.21 (with like 1.05) ? I just called myself and left me a voicemail, and caller ID and voicemail indicator both worked, but your post seems to indicate this happens only sometimes?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    network search is so much faster now.....

i am at 1.23 with no issues during the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    I upgraded a locked AT&T 650 - worked fine. Others report Cingular models work too.

Yeah, me too. Before, 5.1 mb. After, 10.1.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast