Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    It appears that quite a few of our Asian friends at hi-pda.com have upgraded successfully. (Gotta love Google's translator.)
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I have updated from 1.21 to 1.23 without problems. I will wait till the official update (1.25?) comes out and then make my own custom ROM to further free up some RAM.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    I have updated from 1.21 to 1.23 without problems.
    Ditto for me too. Picked up about 200KB and agree that the Network search is much faster. Also I could not find the update files such as DC, ROMupdate, etc. after the update finished so it looks like 1.23 is mainly a cleanup of 1.21. Slowly we are getting there...

Frank
    Also did the update to 1.23 without a problem. Restore with BackupBuddy Vfs worked fine. Only error I get is with VoiceDial and it will be removed. Have to reinstall but seems to remember my registration info (also had this issue when going to 1.21). I can also see a little more memory but I think it's due to the hard reset, i.e. not all files like tmp, cache, etc., are backed up and restored.
    No problems for me either...i have a locked cingular 650, went from 1.21 ro 1.23.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    i upgraded, no difference from 1.21.... worth the wait for the next release...
    Went from 1.15 straight to 1.23 and everything is working better! Thanks for sharing this patch.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have one oddity with 1.23 - I didn't notice it with 1.21. When I shut off the phone, instead of the "farewell" screen (or whatever it is), the screen is blank. The phone on screen is the normal unbranded Treo screen. Do others see this?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    No. I get the normal Phone startup and shutdown screens. Running 1.23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Read post #47...please.

I read #47 but then i read #76 BrB after the upgrade
    I too have enriched my baby with FW 1.23. Strangest thing happened after the upgrade was completed... My device smiled and uttered "Thank you master."
    Well, I just bit the bullet and upgraded my unlocked Cingular 650. First impressions are that it seems faster (though that may be the placebo effect). The BT headset volume is certainly louder, and the speakerphone is much louder, to the point of now actually being usable!

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    I have one oddity with 1.23 - I didn't notice it with 1.21. When I shut off the phone, instead of the "farewell" screen (or whatever it is), the screen is blank. The phone on screen is the normal unbranded Treo screen. Do others see this?
    Prior to the upgrade, I was using a patched Phone app which used (I believe) the standard US Unlocked greeting and farewell screens. These had the words "Welcome" and "Farewell" respectively, between the Treo logo and the small phone icon at the bottom.

The screens included in this new flash do not have those words, but instead the welcome screen has a series of green "airwaves" emanating from the aerial of the logo, while the farewell screen has none. I expect that's because this is a multilingual version, and having no wording precludes the need for splash screens in each different language.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    So this 1.23 is supposed to be customizable? How so? Am I supposed to be able to delete stuff I do not need (languages, apps, etc)?
    Last edited by SuperManFan; 04/30/2005 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperManFan
    What am I supposed to do with these files?
    1. Unzip the mail .zip file onto an empty SD card. You will get a PALM directory containing one .prc file and a subsirectory with many more. Don't unzip any of the nested files.
    2. Make sure you have a good backup, either via Hotsync or a VFS backup utility (to a different SD card).
    3. Hard reset your Treo.
    4. Insert the card with the extracted files; the update will launch automatically. You will need to select your desired language as part of the process.
    5. Once the upgrade is complete and the device has finished resetting, remove the update card and restore your apps and data.
    That's what my GSM Unlocked has. No "Welcome" or "Farewell".
    After flashing to 1.23, the hard reset prompt is now a full screen with instructions in multiple languages. And each time you do a hard reset, you have to re-select your default language.
    flashed to v1.23 ... backupbuddy vfs = didn't work. had to reload everything. good thing I didn't buy it yet, I'd be unhappy with money thrown out the window.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I updated mine unlocked, unbranded GSM 650 without any problems.

But I found some things very strange:

- the Treo is not able to find GPRS networks in an area he formerly had one with 1.15

- in an area with a very strong GPRS network, the black triangle was not shown, the Treo connects anyway after I tapped on connect in network settings

- after disconnecting the Treo was not able to connect again. Power off and on the phone again helped

The good things:

- GSM network search is faster
    - speaker is much louder

Any one here with similar probs?
    RTFM
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    BackupBuddy VFS worked fine for me to restore everything. This app is a lifesaver.
    So Has anyone upgraded from a stock locked Cingular 650 to 1.23?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast