Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I have confirmed with our local Palmone Distributor that the new update will be coming out within two weeks. Software version is at 1.10 though I couldnt confirm the firmware version. The new version is currently being tested with our local GSM networks. I was persistent in being one of the beta testers but I was refused. Oh well, I just have to exercise patience then. 14 days and counting... I hope Spacehog is true to his word as he was in the past. May 5 is just next week and it would be great to end the beta period for Treo 650. :-)
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    1.10, 1.21, 1.23 ????? OK, slam me for being dumb, but what are we talking about here? I've got Garnet v5.4.5 OS. What Firmware? Where/how can I find what version I'm running? What is this frimware update for??
    Need some help here....will this upgrade supplement or replace my current 650 operating system...Palm OS Garnet 5.4.5? I have an unlocked 650 with a Cingular contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrathjr
    Need some help here....will this upgrade supplement or replace my current 650 operating system...Palm OS Garnet 5.4.5? I have an unlocked 650 with a Cingular contract.
    Yes, among the several results of the update is the upgrading of the Palm OS to Garnet 5.4.7.
    So where is this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I have confirmed with our local Palmone Distributor that the new update will be coming out within two weeks. Software version is at 1.10 though I couldnt confirm the firmware version.
    fw 01.21/sw 01.06
    leads to
    fw 01.25/sw 01.10?

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK
    So where is this update?
    Read post #47...please.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    I'm getting the update sometime today, if someone gives me a host site, i can upload it by this evening. Hopefully going from 1.21 to 1.23 will be just as breezy as going from 1.15 to 1.21...
    I will be glad to donate a host site. I have received my GSM Treo 650 from Orange Switzerland. Do you know it 1.23 also works on that one (it show 1.21/Treo650-1.09-OCH).
    Sorry, I just read #47. But the offer for the host site is still standing.
    Now if we could just get an update for the Bluetooth car kit, so all of us Infiniti, BMW, and Range Rover drivers can use the Treo with our OEM bluetooth kits.
    Salü simebone

I got my Treo 650 from Cingular USA, update to a multiligual unbranded ROM worked fine. So should any further ROM updating do. I'm running Sunrise CH.
    I just applied the 1.23 update and so far so good. Minor things I've noticed:

* The startup screen no longer shows the Cingular logo (hope that doesn't matter).
    * Initially, I couldn't connect to the internet. However, after about 5min. the phone kicked-in and I could again get on the internet.
    * I used BackupBuddy VFS to backup my device before the update. I used the same to restore.
    * After the restore I have about 4.3MB of additional RAM.

My version numbers now state:

Firmware: 0.1.23
    Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/0 (there is more but I can't read it as it exceeds the screen width)
    Hardware: A

No other noticable differences thus far. My T650 was crashing after starting "Real Player" and selecting "Options/Preferences", no change there (works the same, reset that is). Aside from the additional memory, I haven't noticed anything different.

I'll keep you posted if I wind up having more or fewer resets. Actually, the reset issue has been a mute point over the last month or so (aside from the one above which is consistently reproducable)...
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Hi Jonecool,

Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/01.23-ROW

I used font4os5 to reduce the fonts in the phone application. Any problems with sychronization?
    Hi Jonecool,

Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/01.23-ROW

I used font4os5 to reduce the fonts in the phone application. Any problems with sychronization?
    Hotsync worked just fine (twice so far). No issues to report, yet.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    I just had to restore contacts and address from my backup on resco explorer. It seems the one from backupbuddy vfs was corrupted. All is well now
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Update just applioed to my Unlocked GSM fw 1.21.

So far so good.
    Don't really know what the differences are -
    - maybe I notice a difference in duration of the "Network search" process. Not much however, and it is no big deal either.
    - I think maybe my screen has gone brighter after the update...
    - Problems with the option button when entering PIN-code for phone/SIM still there
    - No random system sound turning on/off so far...

Give the update a try

Think maybe I will try customizing the ROM when the official patch hits "the market". I have read a lot "customizing your ROM" stuff on TC and Shadowmite.com.
    VERY confusing reading - some methods applies to the Sprint only, but the tool can be used for the GSM ROM also.......
    Sincerly hope that someone could sum this info up for us "dummies" (my selves included of course) - making it possible to customize our ROM without destroying the unit...

Best solution may be if someone did as shadow has done for the Sprint version - upload customized ROM's for us dummies to download...

Guess we should wait for the official release before doing this.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    Salü simebone

I got my Treo 650 from Cingular USA, update to a multiligual unbranded ROM worked fine. So should any further ROM updating do. I'm running Sunrise CH.
    Salü calico

Suppose a friend of mine has bought an Orange Swiss TREO 650, can you upload a unlocked firmware to that one too and where did you get the rom files from.
    I upgraded to 1.23 from 1.21 with SD card.

Free memory increased to 13.9 from 13.7M.
    Phone startup (network search) no longer stops @ the splash screen (v1.21 problem).

So far so good.
    @simebone
    The update to Firmware 1.15 can be found here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...41&postcount=6

You will find the needed information in that whole thread.

Good luck.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 05/01/2005 at 07:08 PM. Reason: fixed link
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast