Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    This is excellent news. It looks like there is a good bit of testing and refinement going on for this update. I am going to wait until May 5 and the final release before doing an upgrade. Why upgrade now to only have to do it again in a week?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Cause we're all a bunch of geeks and enjoy it!
    Will this update be for all GSM 650's or just unlocked ones?
    I smell a fraud. Why hasn't this 1.23 upgrade been posted anywhere yet for download...
    no fraud from spacehog.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    Yeah, me too.. because I'm getting "out of memory" messages trying to install 1.21 via SD card (it's a 1 gig card).

It shows 36 items on it, taking up around half a gig of space, and there's nothing else on the card besides firmware updater stuff.

Somethings up.
    did you hard reset the 650? there needs to be enough memory on the 650 to run the update as well. hard reseting frees up the memory required. as far as i can tell it's the only reason for a hard reset.
  7.    #47  
    ok guys, small hiccup. it seems 1.23 isnt as stable as my source wouldve hoped so hes not going to bother sending it to me. im sure a lot of you will dismiss me as a fraud for this, but what can i say, i couldnt get it as id been promised.

the may 5 date release date still stands the final version, however im going to try my hardest to get it a little earlier for all you geeks out here

thanks to all those whove offered hosting, ill be contacting you as soon as i get the file. for those of you who think im a scam, carry on, nothing i can do about that. for those of you who believe me, youll be rewarded shortly
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    I am thrilled that we are able to update the firmware eventhough I had just upgraded to 1.21 last night. It means that we can always continously improve the performance of our Treo. Viva...Treo.
    Did you get the update from the Palm Web site? I thought they were supposed to e-mail you with any updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Did you get the update from the Palm Web site? I thought they were supposed to e-mail you with any updates.
    Apparently, you never saw this thread.
  10. agi
    Again, the May 5th release is for Cingular or Unbranded Treo's?
    1.21 fw has a problem with the filesystem I think.
    Here's what I've experienced:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82547

I don't think P1 is aware of this; but if any of you can test it with 1.23 and post the results I'd be happy.
    thanks
    so where is this 1.23?????????
    Read post #47... jeesh.

Todd/Indy
    Thanks Confusious, here's another: "Man who fart in church sit in own pew."

There are two different files for upgrading to 1.21.

the hot synch version which is an *.exe file and the SD version which is a *.zip file. The *.exe version will not work on locked Treo's

I backed up my current profile than did a hard reset. I than created a new hotsynch profile and installed RamDrive (trial version) which allows me to use my SD card as a logical drive. I plugged into my PC and just unzipped the SD Version of the firmware to my desktop which created a folder SD. I opened up that folder to the Palm Subfolder Folder. I copied the Entire PALM subfolder to the blank SD card via My Computer thanks to the logical drive creation using RamDrive. I than did another Hard reset just for good measure than removed and re-inserted the SD card which executed the firmware upgrade. AFter the upgrade the unit rebooted itself 3-4 times than it was done. I formatted the SD drive so I dont accidently install it again and synched my orginal profile.

worked perfectly, I have not experianced any problems and have not crashed once today.. a first for me. Also claimed an extra 5 megs.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter
    did you hard reset the 650? there needs to be enough memory on the 650 to run the update as well. hard reseting frees up the memory required. as far as i can tell it's the only reason for a hard reset.
    Yes sir, I certainly did... it was Fresh
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    I'm getting the update sometime today, if someone gives me a host site, i can upload it by this evening. Hopefully going from 1.21 to 1.23 will be just as breezy as going from 1.15 to 1.21...
    Well spacehog, we're waiting... any news?
    Well spacehog, we're waiting... any news?

Must... read... post.... 47
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    Must... read... post.... 47
    Thanks
    seems some folks are having other memory issues with v1.21. Like out of memory, even though they have 10M (read the other treads on).
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast