Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    None at all, actually. I suspect the problems I was having on 1.23 might have been related to my use of Goodlink and Verichat... in that sometimes even switching amongst thouse and Phone on 1.23 caused odd delays, failed GPRS connection attempts -- which would almost always require a reset to get around -- and those lovely pauses and white screens.

Since being back on 1.21, I have none of that. And I've never noticed the network detection delays some complained of on this release. So... i guess the answer is "go with what works"
    Hmm, those pauses and white screens are lovely but can sometimes be annoying. I had an incoming call a while back that I couldnt answer. Solution: Take off the silicone case and reset. Ok, Im customizing a 1.21 tonight and will be using this too. I'll post if I this fares better for me. The slowdowns also happen with apps that interefere with each other. Example here is Treo Guard and Butler. A gprs auto disconnecting app called batterydr conflicts with Butlers auto guard.
    Just upgraded to 1.23 from 1.15 and so far so good. Got 7 megs of additional memory to start and that is very nice indeed. Haven't really checked the speakerphone/headset quality yet but I'm hoping for less static over my BT headset. One thing that was interesting- after I ran BackupMan (a great app) I found that the next problem I was about to take on had vanished: Versamail seems to work again on 1.23. I know, I know- VersaMail is crap but it doesn't seem like any of the email apps get good marks here. Plus I've just been lazy- need to figure out how to get my sent messages into my IMAP account and haven't been able to work that out. Regardless, VM was literally re-setting everytime I left the app, sometimes after checking mail, or after tried to send an email. NIGHTMARE! This has happened about every two weeks since I got the 650 (db problem?) and I'm sure the problem will return but for now I'm hoping it was actually fixed. I think it went from 3.0(B) to 3.0(C)- we'll see if it stabilized. Anyone else have this good fortune?

Thanks to all the posts that made it so easy to install this!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
    ARGH! Now I can't sync since installing 1.23. The Treo keeps crashing pretty soon after the sync get's going. Anyone had this? Running Missing Sync (latest) on Mac OS 10.3.9.

Some major 'slow motion Treo' action today that only a re-start would fix but overall it is still operating better than it was with 1.15. Any word on 1.25?
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Hi Genetic Jack, do you have Docs2Go installed or do you use Entourage Conduits?
    I had the same problem. try to disable these conduits, to find out which one it is. Even on Windoof, I had this problem. Now it works (but I killed my Treo by installing Custom FW )
    Greeting from germany...
    elBohu
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Any word on 1.25 yet? I thought it was to be released about a month ago. 1.23 has been out some time with no subsequent release, seems strange. Did Palm put a plug on the "leak" of these fixes?
    okay, dumb question:

can I unzip the 1.23 file to an MMC card and update my Cingular branded 650?

the reason I ask is because I dont have a SD card yet but I do have an MMC that I can use to update my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn
    okay, dumb question:

can I unzip the 1.23 file to an MMC card and update my Cingular branded 650?

the reason I ask is because I dont have a SD card yet but I do have an MMC that I can use to update my phone.
    Whatever expansion card you use is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    Whatever expansion card you use is fine.
    okay, so let me get this straight.

all I do is unzip the 1.23 ZIP file to my MMC card with my memory card reader and thats it?

if so, what will tell my phone to go ahead and proceed with the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by elBohu
    Hi Genetic Jack, do you have Docs2Go installed or do you use Entourage Conduits?
    I had the same problem. try to disable these conduits, to find out which one it is. Even on Windoof, I had this problem. Now it works (but I killed my Treo by installing Custom FW )
    Greeting from germany...
    elBohu
    Not using either unfortunately. Though I did note that Missing Sync has a newer version when I opened it up. Maybe that will solve my issue. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Horrified to hear about your Custom FW killing your Treo. That stinks! Was thinking about trying it but will DEFINITELY wait till it's safe to do it. Can't wait to get rid of all the crap on this thing!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I have confirmed with our local Palmone Distributor that the new update will be coming out within two weeks. Software version is at 1.10 though I couldnt confirm the firmware version.
    Do you remember this ? Now, one month later still no update ?
    Does anybody know more ?
    Well, after two weeks on v1.23, I went back to v1.21. I could live with the SLIGHTLY slow network search function when I turned the phone on, but I could NOT live with resets for no reasons, slow response time, and the dreaded white screen of death. Also, on a number of occasions I had to reset my Treo to get it operating properly.

I don't know what they "fixed" from 1.21 to 1.23, but I think 1.21 meets my needs better. I'm hoping 1.25 doesn't "fix" 1.23 in a similar manner...
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Been using 1.23 for a couple of weeks.
    Went from 1.15 to 1.23.
    Big memory improvement (2.4M free to 10M free)...amazing!
    Versamail not going bonkers.
    Only one incident of sluggishness, I am afriad I can't reproduce it.

What is main reason everyone is heading back to 1.21 - the intermittent sluggishness thing? Heck, my 1.15 used to do it too...
    anyone else know about the rumoreed 1.31?
    I've just about given up on any GSM unlocked update. I'm thinking of putting Cingular fw on my unlocked 650. My 650's been in the box since I got a good one (the second, from roadshow). I've been using a Nokia 6620 which works pretty well.

Todd/Indy
    Oh, I figure it's just one of those cases where we got worked up thinking an update was coming, but they never really intended on releasing it that soon. I've been quite pleased with 1.21, as an improvement over what my unlocked GSM originally came with... but I wouldn't mind it either if they got around to at least coming out with another version, even if not the final one.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213