Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    fmcgirt,

The db cache problem is Palmone's problem. Developers and software programmers do not have access to this. Hopefully, the upgrade will address this issue or else we will still have those resets every now and then. According to SPUG, 1.23 FW 1.10 ROW is now available in Singapore. Im certain this is not the official release yet.

1. Has anyone tried to the program at http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/DBcT/ to fix the dbcache problem? see the discussion at http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86635

2. has some generous individual made the 1.23 fw 1.10 available for download yet?!?
    Hi, I have cingular treo 650. If I flash my rom using the beta 1.23, is there a chance that when cingular eventually releases their update, it will not work on my treo since the device is no longer recognized as having a cingualr branded ROM?

Thanks,

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchan79
    If I flash my rom using the beta 1.23, is there a chance that when cingular eventually releases their update, it will not work on my treo since the device is no longer recognized as having a cingualr branded ROM?
    Yes, there is that possibility.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I downloaded firmware 1.23 and installed it OK. But I was curious about one thing and wonder what others did when installing the firmware. In the files were two other folders also in zip format..I see to recall with the file name a ace...??? etc... Where this to be opened and also transferred to the SD card. I did unzip them also but did get some errors when trying to unzip them all, but the installation proceeded OK anyhow even though some files from those folders did not unzip correctly..corrupted or some such thing.
    Per the instructions, you should simply unzip the PALM directory and its contents to your SD card. The contents will include some nested zips. Don't futz with them - the installer will handle them as required.

You might want to perform the update again with an unmolested extraction, because there's a fair chance that it did not do everything it should, despite outward appearances.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Thanks that is a very good point, I shoud have left them alone ..it was that I was unsure the device could open zip files in the install process on the treo itself seeing as one had to open the original zip files to transfer to the SD Card.. I will take your good advice and reinstall.

But besides that it has been 9 hours since the upgrade and all is going tickey boo...I want to see if the upgrade will help overcome the contanst crashes and resets which is my "only" bug bear since upgrading from the 600 to the 650. Hopefully this is the fix, fingers crossed.
    I've since regressed to 1.21 from 1.23. I found the number of times it went to "la la" land with a white screen after waking from low power mode resulted in more soft restarts than I was really happy with. 1.21 brings significant benefits (volume, memory freed, etc) without the nasty side effects of 1.23. I've never seen release notes, so I've no idea how they actually differ... but based on the results i found, I'll stick with 1.21 until either a new beta comes out or the GA version is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomchan79
    Hi, I have cingular treo 650. If I flash my rom using the beta 1.23, is there a chance that when cingular eventually releases their update, it will not work on my treo since the device is no longer recognized as having a cingualr branded ROM?
    Yes there is a chance that the Cingular upgrade path will no longer work.

But you'll still be able to follow the unlocked, unbranded ROM upgrade path. Probably.
    i dunno if it has been asked yet, but those with fw 1.23, can you check if it will now silence an incoming call with the side volume buttons?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    i dunno if it has been asked yet, but those with fw 1.23, can you check if it will now silence an incoming call with the side volume buttons?

thanks!
    Is there a bug with 1.23 that removed that feature? Because I know my device (fw 1.05) has no problems silencing incoming calls with the side buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Is there a bug with 1.23 that removed that feature? Because I know my device (fw 1.05) has no problems silencing incoming calls with the side buttons.
    do you have an unlocked 650 or a cingular branded one?

my firmware 1.14, software 1.05-row (unlocked unbranded) can't silence any calls with the side buttons. a lot of other unlocked owners had this problem as well. just wondering if it was possbily fixed in the updated firmware.
    What is the importance of this. Why not just slide the audio switch on top to "off"?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    What is the importance of this. Why not just slide the audio switch on top to "off"?
    because i put it in a holster on my belt. and its a documented function, so it should work.
    My Cingular Blue phone (software v1.04) does this. I found it somewhat confusing - I didn't know why it kept happening. The phone would ring, and I'd grab it (pressing the side buttons accidentally), and it would stop ringing. At first, I thought I'd accidentally answered it. I eventually figured out what was going on, but I still never knew it was a "feature". <g>
    Um...where do I check for the version of ROM.

Just got my phone a few days ago and still ramping up...

Thanks!

Greg

unlocked GSM (currently using Cingular in US, maybe Meteor in Ireland next month)
    Menu/I from the Phone app.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    I've since regressed to 1.21 from 1.23. I found the number of times it went to "la la" land with a white screen after waking from low power mode resulted in more soft restarts than I was really happy with. 1.21 brings significant benefits (volume, memory freed, etc) without the nasty side effects of 1.23. I've never seen release notes, so I've no idea how they actually differ... but based on the results i found, I'll stick with 1.21 until either a new beta comes out or the GA version is released.

Any problems from 1.23 to 1.21? I had as much resets when I regressed to 1.21. So now Im back to 1.23 but only better since I customized my ROM. So far so good, I was also able to identify the apps that conflicted and caused the slow downs. 1.23 is indeed the latest release as this is currently available as beta in our Palmone service point.
    Any problems from 1.23 to 1.21? I had as much resets when I regressed to 1.21. So now Im back to 1.23 but only better since I customized my ROM. So far so good, I was also able to identify the apps that conflicted and caused the slow downs. 1.23 is indeed the latest release as this is currently available as beta in our Palmone service point.
    None at all, actually. I suspect the problems I was having on 1.23 might have been related to my use of Goodlink and Verichat... in that sometimes even switching amongst thouse and Phone on 1.23 caused odd delays, failed GPRS connection attempts -- which would almost always require a reset to get around -- and those lovely pauses and white screens.

Since being back on 1.21, I have none of that. And I've never noticed the network detection delays some complained of on this release. So... i guess the answer is "go with what works"
    I have an unlocked GSM 650 that works just fine (not too many crashes). My only problem is the soft volume. Each time I use somebody elses cell I notice how loud and clear it is. Does version 1.23 improve this or is it more to solve other issues? I am afraid that I will make my Treo650 worse in stead of better.
    So far so good, I was also able to identify the apps that conflicted and caused the slow downs.
    Besides Verichat, did you find any other apps that slow down the Treo?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast