Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Phone clarity on both ends seems to be a downgrade from 1.21. Also, the system clock on the phone has been randomly changing to incorrect time (auto time update is unchecked in time preferences). Willl be going back to 1.21. Had absolutely no problems with 1.21.
    Quote Originally Posted by u_m_rasmussen
    Post 73 contains the download link.
    Post 71 actually.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    hey keyser, well it seems you guys have the latest cause thats exactly what i have. in other words, the current 1.23 update floating online is the latest firmware update available right now, but we can still expect to get another final release sometime this week or next.

as always, ill keep all you guys updated..
    I don't think the upgrade will be today. Our local Palmone distributor still has their version at beta. As per their advice, official version release is within this week and next. Where did you get the May 5 release date you previously posted?
  4.    #184  
    i got it from my sources at palmone. he hasnt updated me with a new date yet as he himself hasnt gotten one from HQ. i suppose well have to wait, but i can assure you that the public release will definitely happen sometime this month. could actually be done in parallel to the lifedrive launch, make the whole thing a huge palmOne media blitz that affects presumably the 2 most popular palm handhelds of the moment...

i will definitely keep u guys updated with any news i get..
    I'm currently have Firmware version: 1.05.

Can I update to 1.23 without 1.21, btw I have a Cingular Phone.?????????????????????????
    Last edited by jmk2888; 05/05/2005 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    i got it from my sources at palmone. he hasnt updated me with a new date yet as he himself hasnt gotten one from HQ. i suppose well have to wait, but i can assure you that the public release will definitely happen sometime this month. could actually be done in parallel to the lifedrive launch, make the whole thing a huge palmOne media blitz that affects presumably the 2 most popular palm handhelds of the moment...

i will definitely keep u guys updated with any news i get..
    Just one more P1 tease. This is what they do when they do not want (i.e., when Sprint does not want them to) deliver. They have now gone from May 5 to "sometime this month." Since they cannot be tied to it, "this month" becomes any month of their choice. I do not understand their need to string us along. It only makes people angry. They deliberately raise expectations when they cannot even meet low ones.
    is this update good for an unlocked version ?
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkpadroy
    is this update good for an unlocked version ?
    Yes, by all means. It gives me a better phone (far less spots with no connection with my network, uch quicker network search). Solves some (not all) issues with call preferences, better memorymanagement. Didn't regret the firmware opdate a moment.
    Anxiously waiting for the fina patch, there are still some issues.
    It's a shame that we see no signs of a public release (1.25?) coming even though it's already May 5. I found 1.23 to be a bit unstable compared with 1.21. Although 1.23 no longer takes a long time to find the network as 1.21 does, I've twice had the phone resetting when there was an incoming call. This is not acceptable so I flashed it back to 1.21 for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    It's a shame that we see no signs of a public release (1.25?) coming even though it's already May 5. I found 1.23 to be a bit unstable compared with 1.21. Although 1.23 no longer takes a long time to find the network as 1.21 does, I've twice had the phone resetting when there was an incoming call. This is not acceptable so I flashed it back to 1.21 for now.
    For PalmOne it is still May 4, about 03.00 at night.

We will have to wait for at least another 5 hours os so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willem
    For PalmOne it is still May 4, about 03.00 at night.

We will have to wait for at least another 5 hours os so.
    You're right. They should be still sleeping. They're on the west coast so it's actually just past midnight for them. Technically it's May 5 already but I doubt they'll stay overnight to deliver the update.
    No update today, I can feel it. What time was the Sprint Upgrade launched before?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    No update today, I can feel it.
    1.23 is beta with issues (I had the slow downs too). I'm sure they'll want to fix these and test the fixed version before releasing. This could have already happened of course...
    Last edited by MarkC; 05/05/2005 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Just one more P1 tease. This is what they do when they do not want (i.e., when Sprint does not want them to) deliver. They have now gone from May 5 to "sometime this month." Since they cannot be tied to it, "this month" becomes any month of their choice. I do not understand their need to string us along. It only makes people angry. They deliberately raise expectations when they cannot even meet low ones.
    whmurray, do really think spacehog's source saying 'May 5' constitutes a public commitment to this date by palmOne? It's in beta, so isn't the release date bound to be dependent on testing?
    It's May 5, and I don't see any mention of a firmware update on the PalmOne site.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I don't see what all the fuss is about getting the "final" release. I'm a long time software developer and from my point of view, I would rather the final version not come out for a couple more months.

These unofficial beta updates that we are getting are very nice. It's nice to get new loads to test and see issues getting fixed. There is always hope that the issue that "you" feel is the show stopper will still get fixed in the next build. The longer the release date stretches out, the more updates we will be receiving. ( unofficially ), which translates into more issues getting fixed.

Once the load becomes final, there will not be anymore unofficial releases for a long long time. Plus I can already see the flaming posts once it is official talking about the letdown and how people don't see any difference between 1.23 and 1.25.

Just my 2 cents.
    I would rather wait for months if PalmOne gives us a new OS 6 update. : P
    just for fun
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    whmurray, do really think spacehog's source saying 'May 5' constitutes a public commitment to this date by palmOne? It's in beta, so isn't the release date bound to be dependent on testing?
    Absolutely not. I consider it to be just what I said it was, a tease. It unncessarily raises expectations to a level that they may not even intend to meet. If it is really just a leak, then they leak like a sieve. There is no excuse for several years worth of "leaks." After a while one is justified in conscluding that it is routine, even if not quite deliberate.
    I had some of the issues as some of you with the 1.23, weird resets, froze on me once and sometimes very slow, i went back to the 1.21 for now and see how that goes.
    Sinco de Mayo, Where is v 1.25?