Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'm close to pulling the trigger and using a 15% coupon to get a Treo 650 from palmone. Should I have any reservations buying from them as far as customer service goes if I have trouble with my phone?

I'd have ordered by now but I was at Costco today and they had the 650 for Sprint for $570 w/ car charger and leather case (tho i'm sure it's nothin to scream about). They wouldn't sell me one though because they had only a few in stock and no other Costco's in the area have any, so they were reserving them for new activations, arr.

Eventually they'll have more... and it's tempting to wait and get it from Costco just for the return policy (they'll just give me my money back if i'm not happy with it even a few months down the road). But... I'd have to pay $60 more plus tax, whereas there's no tax or shipping to order from Palmone. Clearly palmone is a better deal if i don't need the accessories (which I don't)... so I'm wondering if I should have any concerns about ordering from PalmOne as opposed to picking one up locally.
    no trouble for me. I have purchased 4 for my company. (3 600's & 1 650)
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    To what extent will the local sprint store take care of you if you have issues with your phone that you can't resolve through software updates?
    I have had a very good experience so far. I had an issue with my first one (Which I bought at full price). They let me place a new order with the 15% coupon, and send the old one back for a full refund. The second phone has some different issues, so they are sending a new one at no cost. I'm a little miffed that I have to even request the replacements, but the process has been very painless.

-Randy
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Interesting-- what problems did you have with each phone? Just wondering what to be on the look out for when I recieve my phone so I catch any issues in time to get it replaced. Thanks!
    The issues were the keys. Each phone has different keys that respond differently than the rest. Not necessarily a funcitonaly problem, it scares me a bit that these keys may fail prematurely.

-Randy
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Good to know. The fact that palmone has some sort of tech and customer support is refreshing compared to the game it is to get help at Sprint. Thanks for your input!
    Last I checked Amazon, the Cingular Treo was $299. Sprint model is even cheaper though not at Amazon. PalmOne on last viist was $449...even with 15% off, that's abit too much juice.

Better yet if you walk into an "all carriers" brick and mortar, you should be able to pull a 1 year contract instead of 2 and save some money off the on lone deals on top of that.