1.    #1  
    I could have sworn I saw a thread once that described in good detail about how to setup your pop->FastMail->chatter but I can't seem to find it (and yes I tried..).

Does anyone rememeber the thread and can point me to it - OR just have these steps so well memorized that you can just them here for me and others to use
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=forward+gmail

Is that the thread your talking about? I searched 'forward gmail' There are some other links as well.

I do it this way.

I forward (cause they offer it for free) my gmail to my fastmail account (and then archive it so its not in my inbox if I look at it online). You can do this in the gmail preferences.

Then I get all my gmail and my fastmail into one imap account that syncs in the background with chatter. I set up my outgoing profile in chatter so that my return email is my gmail. Now I get and send out email that is from my gmail account and then everything is archived where I dont have to ever delete it off my gmail account. (Fastmail can fill up quickly if you send and receive large attachments.)

I think I read that you can pop gmail with chatter now but I dont remember the thread (pop is a big waste IMHO).

I forward my groupwise (work) email to my fastmail account when I am away from my desk. I then set up signature profile in chatter so it 'looks' like my email is coming from my work machine (love going out and handling things from work like I was at my desk). Marc has made the possibilities endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I could have sworn I saw a thread once that described in good detail about how to setup your pop->FastMail->chatter but I can't seem to find it (and yes I tried..).

Does anyone rememeber the thread and can point me to it - OR just have these steps so well memorized that you can just them here for me and others to use
    I'm not familiar with all the e-mail threads floating around out there, but here's a link to a thread that might be useful to you. I would particularly note posts #4 and #7. Also, if you are inclined, feel free to mention any difficulty you run into and most of us will be glad to chime in.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80821
    I use Groupwise as well. How do you have your rules set up in Groupwise and in Fastmail?

For instance, when sending mail from Fastmail (via your work personality) how do you get sent messages to appear on the sent messages folder on the Groupwise server. I'm assuming they would only be in yuor Treo Sent folder unless you've set up a rule in Groupwise.

Also, in Fastmail how did you set up your folder/personality? I'd like to know b/c Groupwise has a way of acting funky at times.

Currently, I just have a Groupwise mailbox set up in Chatter and Quicksync to get emails. Groupwise does not support IDLE so I can't have an always-on connection. That's why I'm assuming you're using the Fastmail forwarding bit.

Cheers!

I forward (cause they offer it for free) my gmail to my fastmail account (and then archive it so its not in my inbox if I look at it online). You can do this in the gmail preferences.

Then I get all my gmail and my fastmail into one imap account that syncs in the background with chatter. I set up my outgoing profile in chatter so that my return email is my gmail. Now I get and send out email that is from my gmail account and then everything is archived where I dont have to ever delete it off my gmail account. (Fastmail can fill up quickly if you send and receive large attachments.)

I think I read that you can pop gmail with chatter now but I dont remember the thread (pop is a big waste IMHO).

I forward my groupwise (work) email to my fastmail account when I am away from my desk. I then set up signature profile in chatter so it 'looks' like my email is coming from my work machine (love going out and handling things from work like I was at my desk). Marc has made the possibilities endless.