1.    #1  
    The treo vibrator is not powerful enough. Miine as well turn it off and then just check voicemail later. Maybe 15 percent of the time can I feel it vibrating in my left pocket. can the imbalanced weight inside be modified?

Is there an app that could be written that overrides the current settings and a) allows you to increase the speed of the vibration motor to a better resonant freq b) allows you to pulse the vibrate in known sequences to indicate certain callers(this technology exists in japan per business week) without looking at your screen in you pocket or your hbh 660 caller ID in you other pocket? I and others would surely pay 5-10 dollars for aformentioned app.
    some people would probably pay a lot more than that
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    umm what you gonna use the new treo vib settings for??? i might reccomend you google for "vibrating entertainment toys" as the treo was designed for business, not pleasure...............I couldnt resist!
    mt
    There's probably not an application that could do this. The device that makes it vibrate is probably a very small motor with an uneven weight on it. Its speed would probably be regulated by the voltage supplied to it, and I doubt that could be changed with a program.

I could be wrong, but that's my best guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    There's probably not an application that could do this. The device that makes it vibrate is probably a very small motor with an uneven weight on it. Its speed would probably be regulated by the voltage supplied to it, and I doubt that could be changed with a program.

I could be wrong, but that's my best guess.
    I'll second that assumption. I'd imagine we're looking at low-level firmware settings and even raw voltage on that DC motor. That would be a really cool setting to have custom-vibrate settings that would let you know who's calling.
    I agree with MTGMT. I'd say somebody likes to have his phone vibrate in his front pockets a bit too much. Probably makes him feel all warm and fuzzy...
    Try this to amplify it, if you'd be willing to switch to a belt-clip type carrying scenario:

http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/ac/uni...atingclip.html
    Last edited by eulalie; 04/26/2005 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Clarify
    I like it vibrating in my front left pocket.... yes stroger would be better as I miss calls sometimes also. Not to mention... it would just feel better! ok I couldn't stop myself.