Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Not sure how widely known this is yet...

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/
    its been mentioned in a couple of threads but I don't think it has its own thread.. until now.
    1.53 is now able to restore Java. YAY!

OK maybe not =(

Any other backup program that can do this?
    Last edited by aznmode; 05/27/2005 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Not sure how widely known this is yet...

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/
    Software is a disaster.

Backsup great.

Restores great... only problem it restores with all duplicate files in contacts, and all duplicate information in calender. == edit: and duplicate memos too.

I installed the software... did a soft reset... did a backup... did a hard reset... took a look everything gone... did a restore... walla, duplicate data. Worthless.

Backup VFS = worthless

Trying botzam backup as I speak.

I am using a treo (verizon) with the standard setup with only chesstiger installed (no other software, beside what came with the unit).
    I've done two restores in the last week and have no issues with this version.

BTW - it's doesn't restore JAVA on my Treo 600-perhaps it does on the 650.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have done around 10 different restores with this version with no issues. (I play with custom ROMs way too much) I have been having a problem with backups and VoiceDial in the last couple of days. When VoiceDial is installed, I get a reset when it gets to the VoiceDial app. I delete the app and the backup goes through just fine. I keep the installer on my SD card so I reinstall on a regular basis. When I get back home, I will try to reload the installer and see if maybe that file has become corrupt.
    botzam backup = really good

I did a backup and restore (from hard reset) as above with bitsnbolts... except botzam worked great.
    Ok... I tried backupman again... found out what the problem was... I had old data on my card (from backup when I had my T5) - I know, I am an *****. It seems that backupman got confused and restored the old data/names with the new . Botzam does a secure/compressed backup so it did not have the issue.

I just used backupman to restore from hard reset, without any problems, about 3 times. Both from timed backup and user-initiated backup.

Tried backup VFS again, still got restore errors... don't trust it still.

Botzam is a plus because of compression, security features.

I purchased backupman since it is only $10. I don't need the compression or security of botzam.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have done around 10 different restores with this version with no issues. (I play with custom ROMs way too much) I have been having a problem with backups and VoiceDial in the last couple of days. When VoiceDial is installed, I get a reset when it gets to the VoiceDial app. I delete the app and the backup goes through just fine. I keep the installer on my SD card so I reinstall on a regular basis. When I get back home, I will try to reload the installer and see if maybe that file has become corrupt.
    Same exact problem here...Did you find a fix?