Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I thought so..

Here's one of my pictures, I think it looks pretty bad.

http://unlimitedphoto.com/~wally/Photo_040305_001.jpg
    You have a defective lens. That green line across the top portion is a known defect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    True, good point. I tried it, kept getting "0 alerts" popup from holding the center button down to long
    Same here - just saying that you need to hold the 650 still until you have released the button. I wish there was a way to eliminate the long center button press action as I have no need for it.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    I'm trying to figure out whether or not the camera on my T650 is defective. Below I've attached some pictures which are representative of the quality of shots I am able to achieve. From these, does it look like my camera is defective? They look awfully soft and unfocused to me - I'm not sure if its just my poor photography skill or whether I should get a replacement.

What do you all think?
    Are your videos blurry as well ? If so, then I'd have to say its defective - if not, then I think your getting motion blur when taking stills. Try to hold the 650 still and wait till you release the shutter button before moving.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    You have a defective lens. That green line across the top portion is a known defect.
    Heh, actually that's known as chromatic aberation; a dark contrast against a light sky will cause that in all digital cameras. Some have have less problems with it, some more, same with lenses on dSLR's etc, but it's common. That line doesn't occur in all shots, that was just a "good" example of it.

That is actually one of my better pictures with the 650, but it's still muddled and has no detail at all. Some of my other pictures have horrible amounts of noise in them and are just featureless.

Ah well, I wasn't expecting a lot out of a camera on a phone, so no real biggie for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Heh, actually that's known as chromatic aberation; a dark contrast against a light sky will cause that in all digital cameras. Some have have less problems with it, some more, same with lenses on dSLR's etc, but it's common. That line doesn't occur in all shots, that was just a "good" example of it.

That is actually one of my better pictures with the 650, but it's still muddled and has no detail at all. Some of my other pictures have horrible amounts of noise in them and are just featureless.

Ah well, I wasn't expecting a lot out of a camera on a phone, so no real biggie for me.
    My first 650 had that line in every shot, some more noticeable than others. . I had it replaced and have not seen the line since
    Duh, I was thinking that was a power line, come to think of it, that isn't "supposed" to be in the picture. Meh. I hadn't noticed it in any other pictures, interestingly.

It almost looks like a row on the ccd isn't connected.
    Check this one out. I took it last night while running and listening to MP3s via Pocket Tunes. Not too bad for a lame VGA phone cam while multitasking and bouncing around.

http://www.inventhorizon.com/images/...042605_001.jpg
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I guess they need to make a tripod that uses the multiconnector.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12