1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone could comment from experience on the different pros and cons between using the Bluetooth and the Wired versions of TomTom on the T650 (Unlocked GSM, if it matters).
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
  2. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've got the wireless version and it's pretty sweet - I can toss the gps part on the dashboard right under the window or stick it in my pocket while holding the phone in my hand.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The reason I won't be getting the Bluetooth version is because I have Bluetooth in my car and Bluetooth doesn't do two things at once. I'll be getting the wired version, one of these days.

Joe
    I use Mapopolis (NavCard in the US and Navigator in Euroope) with a Belkin Bluetooth GPS (same as a Fortuna ClipOn) and it works great. I like not having wires and just placing the GPS on the dashboard. TomTom should give similar results. See http://twelveblackcodemonkeys.com/read/1136155.htm for a good review. Also note that there's a new TomTom Mobile 5 coming out. I would want to get that version if I were still in the market. I'm not sure you can buy it without the BT GPS unit, though.

I went with Mapopolis because it was available now and I got great support from them. They answered questions right away vs TomTom taking days and sometimes not answering at all until queried several times.
    I also had a Belkin and it died. Belkin doesn't support it anymore and gave me a full refund on the unit!

I replaced it with the TomTom gps which works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pertinax
    I also had a Belkin and it died. Belkin doesn't support it anymore and gave me a full refund on the unit!

I replaced it with the TomTom gps which works very well.
    Wired or wireless?

(**wondering how long it takes for this thread to get moved**)
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com