1.    #1  
    How do you extract your phone from your shell when a call is coming in, without accidently swipping a button that will reject the call? Is there something I should configure in preferences? Because this is a problem. Right now, I'm using a vertical case right now, much like the Nutshell, although I have a Nut on order. About every third or fourth call I inadvertently press a button and disconnect the call when I pull it from the case. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    try Treoguard..it let's you turn off most buttons for answer
    I also use Treoguard...solved the problem. I really like the Nutshell and I have tried almost every case made for the 650 including Vaja Ivolution, Senna leatherskin, the ebay "monaco" version, Krussell Verticalic, and a silicone skin. The Nutshell beats them all hands down! The new version is not as snug, and after break-in, the 650 slides in and out easily, but Treoguard is still a "must have". I find the most efficient way to remove the 650 from the Nutshell is to grab it by the antenna while cupping my hand around the body. I keep it clipped to my jeans pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    I also use Treoguard...solved the problem. I really like the Nutshell and I have tried almost every case made for the 650 including Vaja Ivolution, Senna leatherskin, the ebay "monaco" version, Krussell Verticalic, and a silicone skin. The Nutshell beats them all hands down! The new version is not as snug, and after break-in, the 650 slides in and out easily, but Treoguard is still a "must have". I find the most efficient way to remove the 650 from the Nutshell is to grab it by the antenna while cupping my hand around the body. I keep it clipped to my jeans pocket

Agree on all counts. Treoguard is a must with the nutshell. I extract it in the same manner as well.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I use a leather pouch case from uniquemobile out of Canada. I also use the Butler application. Butler does the same function of disabling selected buttons to prevent unplanned answers or hang ups of calls and a number of other valuable features like LED control, alarm clock, and multi message indicators. Very nice application and no conflicts causing resets.
    www.hobbyistsoftware.com
    I really don't have much problem removing the phone from the case as long as you are careful. however, I am more worried about the pressure that may be exerted on the buttons of the treo when in the nutshell. It fits rather snug right now and I wonder if the buttons will eventually get lose over time. Any comments on this?
    Do you have the updated version of the Nutshell specific to the 650? I have the one sold here which was designed with the 600 and the newer Nutshell for the 650. The new version is not as snug, especially after breakin. Put your hand in the Nutshell and work the sides for awhile, so they "breakdown" and become softer. Also take the case and press the bottom on a desk or counter. Use the time reading threads on TC to massage your case, works really well and will get softer over time!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks everyone. Looking into suggestions now!
    Quote Originally Posted by shonea
    I really don't have much problem removing the phone from the case as long as you are careful. however, I am more worried about the pressure that may be exerted on the buttons of the treo when in the nutshell. It fits rather snug right now and I wonder if the buttons will eventually get lose over time. Any comments on this?
    They loosen up after a bit. So did you get the New one with the inside redone? I got my replacement a few days ago, its perfect. I'm still looking for a good skin case. Hows the Sena in the Nutshell working out? I may go back to that if I have to.
  10.    #10  
    But there is still no way to put the Treo back in the case after answering the call, but using your BT, right?
    Im guessing your talking about being wired to the phone via a headset. Ya you would have to have a long wire because you would be fished through the hole in the bottom.