Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    Maybe it's just me, after not having a landline in 5 years .. but I don't understand the attraction of using a landline phone over a cell phone. Moreso with my Treo 650. If I wanted to simulate the exciting wired feel of a wireline phone, I can plug my 650 into it's charging plug and then be stationary as I chat.

    When most wireline phones, and even cordless phones, are as crappy (or expensive!) as they are, I just don't see much of a reason for this wireline stuff. Maybe someone can tell me why this is such a great idea?
    It's still a cost-benefit problem. Even when I had 2000 shared minutes on Sprint, that wouldn't cover my home time useage on the "free" minutes I pay SW Bell $49 every month.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    It's still a cost-benefit problem. Even when I had 2000 shared minutes on Sprint, that wouldn't cover my home time useage on the "free" minutes I pay SW Bell $49 every month.

    Have you considered a VOIP service like Vonage? Their premium unlimited package costs half of what you pay to SW Bell and is unlimited to the US and Canada.
  3. #23  
    Keeping the thread on topic, I also questioned the Sprint store who said faxing is possible whether or not it required a Vision package since faxing might be considered data usage. The rep said Vision would NOT be required for faxing.
  4. gry
    gry is offline
    gry's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #24  
    Has anyone found a landline docking solution that works with the Treo 650?

    I found this RCA device and requested that they support the Treo 650: http://communications.rca.com/en-US/...ml?MN=23200RE3

    If anyone else is interested in this, please submit a request through the following "Supported Cell Phones" link: http://communications.rca.com/en-US/NotifyUpdates.html
    Last edited by gry; 01/08/2006 at 01:29 AM.
  5. temna's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #25  
    You know...

    T-Mobile is coming out with a device that plugs into a broadband connection (like Vonage) that gives you a mini-tower inside your house/office.. They call it T-Mobile@Home.. It is supposed to add more features, but I think for a lot of T-Mobile users this is going to be big.. If they have "iffy" coverage inside their home, this will fix that..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
  6. #26  
    It would be nice to get rid of the land line, as the only reason its there now is for my DirecTV TiVo
  7. gottago's Avatar
    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gry
    Has anyone found a landline docking solution that works with the Treo 650?

    I found this RCA device and requested that they support the Treo 650: http://communications.rca.com/en-US/...ml?MN=23200RE3

    If anyone else is interested in this, please submit a request through the following "Supported Cell Phones" link: http://communications.rca.com/en-US/NotifyUpdates.html
    Try www.phonelabs.com for the Dock 'n Talk.
  8. gry
    gry is offline
    gry's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #28  
    Thanks! Dock-N-Talk looks like the only interoperable solution with the Treo 650 currently using Bluetooth.

    I hope to drop my landline and use this. I'm on a preferred plan and have 3500 minutes and don't even come close to using them.

    It also looks like if I drop may landline, this device will be paid for in a few months.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gry
    Thanks! Dock-N-Talk looks like the only interoperable solution with the Treo 650 currently using Bluetooth.

    I hope to drop my landline and use this. I'm on a preferred plan and have 3500 minutes and don't even come close to using them.

    It also looks like if I drop may landline, this device will be paid for in a few months.
    I got my dock-n-talk with bluetooth in early December after waiting for about a month. I managed to make it work but the problem is that it freezes my treo 650 frequently, sometimes once in less than one day. Sometimes my land phone rings twice then it lose the signal. When I emailed the phonelab tech support I was told that this is treo's problem and pray for palm to issue another firmware upgrade (I already have the current upgrade).

    The bluetooth module comes with warnings that it won't work with 2.4G cordless phones nor WI-FI. But I think most people probably use 2.4G and WI-FI. The best thing I can say about dock-n-talk is that this device is not mature enough and phonelab should stop claiming the bluetooth compatibility with Treo 650.
  10. #30  
    I'd probably own a doc-n-talk, and deep six my landline, except that you can't send faxes over a digital cellular connection. Rats.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'd probably own a doc-n-talk, and deep six my landline, except that you can't send faxes over a digital cellular connection. Rats.
    Maybe you can have your cake and eat it too. Check this out re fax:

    http://www.conklinsystems.com/palm/
  12. #32  
    A solution I have been using (looking at that cs fax now) is faxaway.com. Not instant mind you, but with a small learning curve it is an easy way to send and recieve. and there are no monthly fees... well I think 1 buck or something but nothing big. All US faxes are 11 cents. Check it out for yourself. I did drop my land line and have not looked back since.
  13. #33  
    http://www.faxaway.com/ <- need the "www."

    Thanks for the link. I have been using www.callwave.com for quite some time, like it. Tried jfax.com and despise it (TONS of junk). Always good to see other viable options.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  14. #34  
    I use the Uniden ELBT595 with two Treo 650s to connect the Treos to the land line phones throughout our place. I've posted about using the ELBT595 with the Treo in other threads, but in general it works beautifully. It lets us leave the Treos to charge where there's the best coverage and still have complete mobility throughout our place.
  15. #35  
    Treo 650 IS supported, according to their website.

    http://www.phonelabs.com/
  16. #36  
    It does say it is supported. But notice that you have to purchase a seperate bluetooth module for the bluetooth only phones.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    Treo 650 IS supported, according to their website.

    http://www.phonelabs.com/
    My treo 650 (Sprint) freezes, sometime several times a day, when connected to the dock-n-talk through BT. Phonelab tech support just suggest that I wait for the next Palm update while they claim that they support treo 650 (sprint).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions