Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am thinking about getting a Treo 650 but don't want one of those belt clip things. I want to carry it in my pocket. Has anyone had any complications with carrying it in their pocket(stress on the screen, pushing of buttons, etc.)? Does it fit comfortably in your pocket? If you do carry it in your pocket, which case works the best for you? (I am talking pants pocket by the way.)
    I carry it in my pocket with no ill effects. Use keyguard and you're all set. Oh, get a screen protector as well. That's all the protection you need.
    works fine with me, i carry face towords me in my left pant pocket, doesnt bulge out b/c the thickness isnt too bad on the 650, just make sure you keep keys, change, etc in a different pocket
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. I have a small problem with dropping things so I would probably want some sort of case. Any suggestions?
    I went through several different cases and the one I liked the best was the Innopocket Hard Case.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    I am thinking about getting a Treo 650 but don't want one of those belt clip things. I want to carry it in my pocket. Has anyone had any complications with carrying it in their pocket(stress on the screen, pushing of buttons, etc.)? Does it fit comfortably in your pocket? If you do carry it in your pocket, which case works the best for you? (I am talking pants pocket by the way.)
    Depends how tight your pants are.
    egrips are good as well
    eGrips are a good solution that add no bulk to the Treo. You could also look at the silicone skins. The "naked" Treo is a bit slippery. If you need drop protection, there are a number of options and a ton of discussion in the Accessories forum.

I have a Vaja and still carry my Treo in my front jeans pocket, or breast pocket of a suit jacket at work, without any issues or unsightly bulges.
    I second the innopocket case sugestion. It has a "screw" you can attach for a belt clip if and when you decide that is the way to go, and it does not add a lot of bulk to the unit itself (suprisingly!!) YOu can find the case online, or even at compusa. I think the comp usa version is a "rhino" case or something, but it is the same.
    I was a big fan of the krusell cases prior to the innopocket and have never looked back.
    You could also investigate the condom case as well.
    I carry the treo in my front pocket often. I'm still waiting for my Innopocket case to come in and I'm so paranoid about it. Any little bump, any change in my pocket and I end up holding it or putting it on my desk.

head exploding.., want to make "buldge in pants" jokes
    I carry it in my pocket with a Vaja case and a screen protector. The nice thing is having ladies ask if that is a Treo in my pocket or if I'm just really happy to meet them....
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I carry it in my pocket and I have seen no ill effects. Face towards me and no other apps to guard the keys than the default app, never called anyone by mistake. The main thing for me was to dedicate this pocket as the "Treo pocket" and never drop anything in there; keys, change, cigarrettes, whatever it goes in the right hand pocket (I'm a lefty and don't even trust pulling the thing out opposite handed).

One thing about the silicone cases. They are great and they don'y add much bulk, but they add a lot of grip when talking it in and out of a pocket. I have an iSkin that I don't even use even though it was great for my iPod. It just made putting it in and out of a pocket too difficult and it was detracting from my enjoyment of the device. Of course when I drop it and distroy it because I'm going "naked" I'm sure that will cut down on my enjoyment of it as well.
    I carry it in my shirt pocket all the time. I also have a SENA leather case for it. That does not add much bulk and provides protection.
    pilottreo1
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't use a case with my 650. I carry it in my jeans with just a screen protector. It should be fine this way.
    If you wear jeans... carry it in your coin pocket.

Ive been carrying my treo in my coin pocket for as long as Ive owned it and have never experienced any superficial damage whatsoever. I do have a Boxwave crystal screen protector on it though. If you put it in your coin pocket, 1/3 of it WILL stick out but the fit is so perfect so theres no way it would fall out.
    been carrying it in my pocket since i got it. with the screen protector there is no problem.
    Fine with Khakis. Annoying with blue jeans. No damage or issues.
    innopocket has my vote as well. I've dropped it a couple of times while in the case, and the treo remains unscathed. also, skins tend to collect lint from your pocket.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    I have been carrying mine for 4 months in shirt and pants pocket w/o any problems. I don't want a case, why cover up such a thing of beauty as the 650 with a case, not needed.
    eGrips and screen protector - works well in shirt pocket, dress pants pocket, loose jeans pocket, etc.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast