Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm thinking of getting the Innopocket Hard Case, but I'm wondering if it will still sit in the 650 desk cradle? Thanks in advance for any information on this.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    How are people putting their treo in their shirt pocket? It's huge and hangs down your shirt.
    I carry it naked no case, egrips, screen protectors and I haven't had a problem yet. I carry it in my front left pocket and now I am in the habbit of knowing nothing else goes in that pocket but the treo. I always remember screen facing leg antenna down. It is okay at work with dress pants but with jeans it can be tricking whipping it out especially when driving in the car. Cases take away from the practicallity of the smartphone IMO. Besides I haven't had a treo (600 or 650) for more than 6 months anyway. Something ends up breaking and I get a new one so why waste time worrying about the screen getting a scratch on it.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Carry mine naked (the Treo, not me) in pants pocket, with a smaller Nokia 1100 (second line, with another carrier). Has the screen protector though, put that on the first day. So far (like someone previously mentioned) has a small area with slight wear on the chrome outside the screen, and also some wear on the left edge of the 5-way. Have dropped it on stone floor once, will try to avoid doing that :-)

I have experienced the Treo and another phone drop out of my pocket while I was in the back seat of a car (on different occasions). Pants were the loose fitting type. Once it happened while I was in a cab, lucky the next passenger called me before I was too far away. I'm just lucky so far!
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    can I ask why antenna down?
    Antenna down is the natural way of holding the treo. You don't have to turn the treo upside down when you take it out of your pocket.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    On a simliar note do the Innopocket hardcases have non slip sides. I find that the worst part of the treo is that it's so slippery. I wish it had rubber inserts on the side instead of the shiny things.
    I have a 650 in a rhino skin case made for a 600, and it has rubber finger grips on the side. makes it a lot loss slippery.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    dont the egripps make it get stuck in your pocket
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i spent saturday at the BMW test track in Greenville SC, i had my 650 in my pocket all day with my vaja case, wasnt bad at all, i got in and out every BMW that they make and drove the crap out of all of them, raced the M3 and Z4 the most, anyhow it was a little anoying to pull the phone out sometimes or adjust it when i sat in the car but i wear lose fit (not bag assy) lucky jeans or carpenter jean, i need leg room, so i was happy with having my phone and climbing in and out of cars all day long
    mt
    I have a screen protector and the Silicome skin on mine. It feels very secure, even in loose pockets, but I have to have the screen pointing out, due to perspreation issues. The silicone doues pick up some lint, but nothing an ocational quick rinse can't take care of. But keep in mind, I do wear loose clothing. ButtUglyJeff wasn't designed for tight jeans.................
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    i spent saturday at the BMW test track in Greenville SC
    mt
    mtgmt - I sent you a PM regarding this.
    I find the ProClip on my belt is the absolute best. Clips in and out easily and has never dropped the phone.
    Iv'e been carrying mine in a leather nutshell case. When I need it i pull it out and the case stays in my pocket. The case has a very strong belt clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I'm thinking of getting the Innopocket Hard Case, but I'm wondering if it will still sit in the 650 desk cradle? Thanks in advance for any information on this.
    It's a tight fit with e-grips....can't imagine anything thicker working especially if it has anything on bottom.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    mtgmt - I sent you a PM regarding this.
    pm back at ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIS_guy
    I too use the Krussel case, cut out screen, and screen protector. I wanted it to be as thin as could be so I cut the stitching around the clip assembly and took it off. now all I have is a very thin leather case and I love it. I know it can't be replaced, but I don't like being a "hipper" so not a problem for me. on the krussel it covers the SD slot so there is no way for the sd to pop out.
    How does this look and function? I have the case and the clip adapter has broken so it is useless (not the clips fault, just a nervous habbit of pushing it in while my hand is in my pocket) I may try this modification.
    I used to carry it in my bag or pockets - UNTIL YESTERDAY!
    I had it in my coat pocket, got out of the car, heard "boing" kind of sound. The 650 fell out of the coat pocket and straight into a puddle filled with about 2" of brown, nasty water. I immediately grabbed it and shook the water off it - thank God, it was still working and still is fine. I just ordered a Timbuk2 case (not through Pal because they want 9.00 shipping for this) - got it for 15.--+3.99 s/h from ebags.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I'm thinking of getting the Innopocket Hard Case, but I'm wondering if it will still sit in the 650 desk cradle?
    Absolutely not.

As far as I know, there's no case or covering that will allow you to dock the treo in the cradle while it's in the case. The cradle is built around the dimensions of the naked treo with extremely little clearance.

eGrips, maybe, but that's about it.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw
    I have experienced the Treo and another phone drop out of my pocket while I was in the back seat of a car (on different occasions). Pants were the loose fitting type. Once it happened while I was in a cab, lucky the next passenger called me before I was too far away. I'm just lucky so far!
    Question -- How did the passenger call you when your phone was still in the cab?
    One problem with carrying it in your pocket is that gunk that can get on the contacts. I had to clean mine before hotsyncing would work again.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast