1.    #1  
    I just got a post card from the Sprint rebate center. I got my phone directly from Sprint last November, finding out on here just when they went on sale, etc. At the time there was some question about rebate eligibility for existing customers, but I was pretty sure i had double-checked everything and when i got the phone, there was some extra little paper inside that said I was eligible.

NOW they are saying that it required a new contract (that would not have been a problem at the time so i know i would have done it if asked) and you must have a plan of $34.99 or higher.

can some of you better-informed folks on here confirm that these were always the conditions? i don't trust anybody at the carriers any more... and i can't find my copies of the rebate stuff 6 months later...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  2.    #2  
    thanks for the tip. why do i always feel like loyal customers get the shaft from cel phone companies...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    I just got a post card from the Sprint rebate center. I got my phone directly from Sprint last November, finding out on here just when they went on sale, etc.
    ....snip

NOW they are saying that it required a new contract (that would not have been a problem at the time so i know i would have done it if asked)
    good question:

I hope this helps. My account was flagged to show a rebate of $150 would be applied to my account when I purchased the 650....and the notes were read back to me before I purchased my TREO 650.

My rebate information was ignore the first time it was mailed and the first 3 times it was subsequently faxed to the Sprint PCS rebate department.

I finally decided to escalate this and to make a long story short, they do not deny the eligibility but they have introduced the additional 2 year contract (to receive $150 rebate) in spite of the fact that the rebate was offered to me with the waiving of the new customer and or the 18 month long phone existing ownership requirement.

I caved and signed up for a two year contract and I was assured that my rebate would arrive in the usual "30 days". hmm 30 days now ..

After waiting since December, I am now told it will take the usual 30 days. I still feel the Sprint PCS customer service is better than other carriers' service.

Thanks

Mike