1.    #1  
    When you type a new message (SMS) you can tap on the down arrow next to "To" and get the "Lookup in Contacts" option, plus a list of contacts that you have sent messages to in the past.

Is there any way that the history list can be removed (just leaving the "Lookup in Contacts option)?

Something like deleting the call log in the phone application?

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone have any ideas yet?
    is your significant other getting into your phone & giving u a hard time about who u r texting? :-)
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    I feel your pain uk_newbie... my s/o likes to play with my phone a lil too much... if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated
    If you have FileZ:
    Look up SMS Quicklist
    Highlight it.
    From the Menu, select Edit
    It will bring up a box with 1-10 listed. These are where the info is stored. So, if when you go to create a new SMS, and click To: if your girlfriend is the at the top of the list, you would delete the first entry in SMS Quicklist.

And so on...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes, use Uninstaller or Filez and try to delete Nexter app, which you can't because its on ROM, but this will delete all the history. So I hear......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    YES!!!! PLEASE!!!!! I've already been through it with my EX!!!!!! Don't need to go through it again with my new one..........till the next one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If you have FileZ:
    Look up SMS Quicklist
    Highlight it.
    From the Menu, select Edit
    It will bring up a box with 1-10 listed. These are where the info is stored. So, if when you go to create a new SMS, and click To: if your girlfriend is the at the top of the list, you would delete the first entry in SMS Quicklist.

And so on...
    Thanx... worked like a charm... don't know what I'd do without this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    Thanx... worked like a charm... don't know what I'd do without this forum
    No problem!

(for all you doubters, the Monkey doesn't always hurl feces at everyone)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Excellent!

Now I've got rid of the "one offs".

Me too

Thanks mate
    Seen a lot of these threads resurfaced lately and a few new ones. Must be spring fever...
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Seen a lot of these threads resurfaced lately and a few new ones. Must be spring fever...
    I find it sad...
    Wow, thanks 'Insertion', I've wanted to know the answer to this for a long time now and even posted a message without getting the answer. Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly.

But it worked like a charm. And no, it wasn't because of a significant other.

I just had junk in it and alot of typos.

Thanks again.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Look for the program "clearSMSlist," this will make the task easier.
    does anyone have ClearSMSList that they can post? the website is not working
    I use Launcher X and just go navigate my way to the file directory and delte the SMS Quicklist file myself.

Unfortunately though that way clears all of the names instead of any particular ones.