Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hi.

Sometimes I have to press the phone buttons twice to turn on the screen. (Not counting the center button for keyguard feature). Does this happen to anyone else?

Raphael
    try holding it down a bit longer and you will find you only need to push once
    Yes, but not all the time. It seemed to start when I loaded the demo od Chatter. At least that is when I noticed it. It may not be Chatter, just wondering if you loaded Chatter too?
    i have chatter and have to hit the right button twice to turn on the screen
    i get this. started a couple weeks ago. not using chatter. last thing i changed was sprint 108 upgrade but i dont think the double button thing started right away
    After I started using Chatter, I had to press the button twice.
    I have had this happen since I got the phone back in December. I don't have Chatter and I have installed 1.08. Usually it happens when I get a new message via Sprint Business Connection and I try to check it instantly when I hear the alert.
    So it was after the 1.08 firmware and or Chatter for me too. Perahps we'll figure it out here...

Lion, everytime, or just sometimes? You have a GSM or Sprint 650?

Everyone please list your firmware and carrier to help troubleshoot
    Thanks, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have had this happen since I got the phone back in December. I don't have Chatter and I have installed 1.08. Usually it happens when I get a new message via Sprint Business Connection and I try to check it instantly when I hear the alert.
    Looks like Firmware....
    Battery Graph can also cause behavior similar to this, although usually it's a delay, but maybe a delay is being interprited as needing to press the button twice.

I've since dumped BG since I don't want to wait 2-3s sometimes for the Treo to turn on. Been dandy ever since.
    Just for the record, I have had this problem with my CDMA 650 since the beginning. 1.08 seemd to lessen the problem a bit then chatter seemed to make it worse. So, now I'm right back where I started...

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Also, this was after the new Pocket Tunes update too, I have the power button mapped to popup the pockettunes console when its on.

anyone else having this issue have PT console mapped to this button as well?
    i have a gsm from at&t and chatter and all i have to do is hold the button and be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    i have a gsm from at&t and chatter and all i have to do is hold the button and be patient.
    I tried that (patients), but my off/on has a very distinct press, so there is little, to no doubt, if it's been pressed. It even makes a slight click sound too. Anyway, I press it, and wait and after about 15 seconds i press it again and it come on instantl

Sometimes it comes on with the ist press in an instant, sometimes I have to press it again after a couple seconds.
    i used a gsm treo. I experienced that too. When the bluetooth is turned on, treo will act like that.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Well, I am glad that others experience exactly the same behavior as me. That means that this is a problem common to all Treo 650s not just mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I tried that (patients), but my off/on has a very distinct press, so there is little, to no doubt, if it's been pressed. It even makes a slight click sound too. Anyway, I press it, and wait and after about 15 seconds i press it again and it come on instantl

Sometimes it comes on with the ist press in an instant, sometimes I have to press it again after a couple seconds.
    Its actually patience, not patients. I meant press and hold a bit longer, not press then release and wait.
    Sprint 650, has happened before and after the firmware upgrade; very common issue...
    i've noticed that plus a similar issue ending calls. i have to press twice to end calls.
    I have the same problem. I do not have PocketTunes or Chatter installed. I noticed when I turned off bluetooth that the problem went away.

GSM unlocked
    Firmware 1.15
    Software 1.06
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast