1. Jea
    Thanks!!
    Search Grasshopper!

This question has been asked a number of times. One simple (and free) answer: OnCradleOn.

You should be able to find it on PalmGear or Handango. There may be links to it in other threads here on TreoCentral forums, too.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    Profiles also will do this.
    STOIC (Stay On In Cradle)
    Always On
    OnCradleOn

And others....a search on "cradle on" woulda brought this to ya fingertips and saved ya from the wrath of the thread police <grin>.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Funny, I came across this thread when looking for an alternative to STOIC. STOIC only keeps it on when a cradle/cable is connected. If it's connected only to a charger, STOIC doesn't work.

For example, say I'm in the car, and my Treo is pushing mp3s through the stereo system while it's charging. I want the screen to stay on in this situation so I don't have to hit 18 buttons just to skip to the next track. STOIC doesn't help here.

I'll check out Always On and OnCradleOn; thanks for the suggestions. But trust me, a search for "cradle on" turns up tons of irrelevant stuff.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Funny, I came across this thread when looking for an alternative to STOIC. STOIC only keeps it on when a cradle/cable is connected. If it's connected only to a charger, STOIC doesn't work.

For example, say I'm in the car, and my Treo is pushing mp3s through the stereo system while it's charging. I want the screen to stay on in this situation so I don't have to hit 18 buttons just to skip to the next track. STOIC doesn't help here.

I'll check out Always On and OnCradleOn; thanks for the suggestions. But trust me, a search for "cradle on" turns up tons of irrelevant stuff.
    If you have Pocket Tunes Deluxe the very first option under General Preferences allows you to disable the feature that turns off the screen. I found this out after encountering the exact same issue in the car.
    .....Of course that only applies to Pocket Tunes when it is running. It has no effect on other apps should you have PT running in the background.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Yeah, I haven't made the jump to PTunes yet. So far, RealPlayer serves my needs. I'm sure I'll do so eventually, but I've been too busy playing with other aspects of the phone (mainly BT DUN and FTP right now) to get too deep into the mp3 aspects.

OnCradleOn does the trick. Unlike STOIC, it works with only a charger connected.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster