Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    OK I have two questions. Please point me in the right direction if these have been answered elsewhere.

What is the difference between the Fair & Flexible Plans and the Free and Clear plan. It seems like there must be something that Free and Clear has that Fair and Flixible doesn't but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm talking about the $35 plan here, if that makes a difference.

What is the difference between the PCS Vision Premium Pack and Pictures pack? It looks like a difference between whether I want a credit to download ring tones or if I want to send pictures, but if I attach pics to an email do I really need the Pictures pack?

Thanks

-Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff275
    OK I have two questions. Please point me in the right direction if these have been answered elsewhere.
    Well this is not really the best place to be asking carrier plan specific questions... there is a "www.sprintusers.com" website with bulletin board...

What is the difference between the Fair & Flexible Plans and the Free and Clear plan. It seems like there must be something that Free and Clear has that Fair and Flixible doesn't but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm talking about the $35 plan here, if that makes a difference.
    Well it USE to be that for the same $ you got more minutes with the Free and Clear, but if you went over you paid much more. With the fair and flexible you got fewer minutes, but if you went over you didn't pay as much. However having just looked at the sprintpcs.com website I see you now get the same starting minutes with both plans. I would suspect that SprintPCS is going to phase out Free and Clear since there is no advantage to it now.

What is the difference between the PCS Vision Premium Pack and Pictures pack? It looks like a difference between whether I want a credit to download ring tones or if I want to send pictures, but if I attach pics to an email do I really need the Pictures pack?

Picture pack is good for sending pictures to other SprintPCS phones that have vision. It is also easy to add an audio clip to the picture that you send. You can do the equivalent with your Treo by taking picture, recording sound, attaching both to an email, sending email.

HOWEVER, you can't send that email directly to another SprintPCS phone (unless it is a smartphone where the person checks their email on it).

The Sprint picture mail service is sorta a cute little service. It is great if you have friends/family with SprintPCS phones AND vision because you can so easily send them pictures and audio direct to their phone. But otherwise it isn't really useful for anything.