1.    #1  
    I wanted to tell my story to warm people of possible problems they may face in ordering from Boxwave.

I have a BoxWave screen protector for my Palm Tungsten T3, and I love it, so I decided to buy the Boxwave protectors for my Treo 650. I also ordered a directSync cable and a miniSync cable.

When I received the order, both cables had the infamous defective connectors that have been discussed here (the charging connector has a contact that slips into the casing). The directSync cable works for now, but the contact is starting to slip. The miniSync cable never worked at all. They obviously do not bother to test anything.

I contacted them, and was told they had a newly-designed connector that would work. I requested that they advance replace the cables at my expense (which is what they recommended). 10 days later (the first order took 3), I got my cables.

The new miniSync does have the new connector, which is much better. The connector, however, is damaged. One of the little plastic fingers (or clips), that hold the two halves of the connector together, is bent out and will not go back in place. This can not have happened in shipping, as it would take a screwdriver or something similar to pry it out.
    So, they must not bother to inspect shipments in addition to not testing their products.

The new directSync cable is identical to the first one I have.

A complete waste of my time and money to have them advance replace these cables.

One would expect to have high quality products when spending $15-20 per cable.

It seems pretty crazy to me to have to request that they send working cables instead of defective ones, and that I still receive defective ones after that request.

I am awaiting a response from them to see if they are willing to fullfil my original order for working products. In the meantime, I would have to advise others to not order from them.

If I get satisfactory resolution, I will post again with the results.

-Randy
    Welcome to the club.
    Yes, welcome to the club. I've had real bad experience with this company, and have told all my friends and associates to stay away from them. They claimed they shipped my product, which I didn't get. When I told them about it, they told me I'm on my own, and have to take it up with the USPS. I wish there's a way we can have a spot to post 'be aware' vendors on this web site.
    /Tony
    Ah the monthly boxwave sucks thread. I sense a pattern.

Always the same story, they screw ya over and screw ya over, until the screwed person posts here.. Then Boxwave responds on this forum - "ohh sorry this is an isolated incident, there was a mixup in your emails with customer service, I've PM'ed you, etc. to make themselves look like a respectable company again..

Then a month later the cycle repeats. There have been at least 5-10 threads like this here.

And yet we still let them screwed us over. I learned my lesson once, and now I'm just on a mission to tell the world what a lousy organization they are. I don't have the time nor the energy to blast them throughout the Net, else I would do it.
    /Tony
    I've seen those posts too Joe. But I ordered screen protectors from them anyway. The many recommendations for crystals were too good to resist. They got here on time and seem fine. Do they hook you in on the first order, and then screw you over on the next order?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I've seen those posts too Joe. But I ordered screen protectors from them anyway. The many recommendations for crystals were too good to resist. They got here on time and seem fine. Do they hook you in on the first order, and then screw you over on the next order?
    My experience with boxwave has been positive
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    My experience with boxwave has been positive
    Same here - they even honored a sale price for screen savers I pought before the sale.
    My own experience was normal which is why I recommended them to a friend when they needed screen protectors.
    That person unfortunately had an awful experience, I don't remember how long it took but I know they charged his card and didn't deliver for at least a couple weeks without any notice of reason for the delay.
    I've had two or three boxwave orders for screen protectors without problems.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I ordered screen protectors and the minisynch from Boxwave last week. I paid for the cheapest shipping and they were both on my doorstep two days later. The screen protectors are great, the mini synch is not so great. It becomes disconnected with the slightest movement of the phone. They told me it must be defective(?) and they are sending a replacement out to me. They were responsive, I have to give them that.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    I ordered screen protectors and the minisynch from Boxwave last week. I paid for the cheapest shipping and they were both on my doorstep two days later. The screen protectors are great, the mini synch is not so great. It becomes disconnected with the slightest movement of the phone. They told me it must be defective(?) and they are sending a replacement out to me. They were responsive, I have to give them that.
    But when you have to send back the defective item they say they only cover up to $2.50 shipping, which is not enough to include any kind of delivery confirmation to ensure they don't charge your card for the replacement and then claim they didn't get your broken item back!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  13.    #13  
    Update:

They are shipping me all new cables, and shipping labels to send back the defective ones.
    Still a bit miffed, but wanted to be fair, and give an update. Will reply when cables arrive.

-Randy
    My update: new miniSync came today. It has a much improved connector and actually stays connected to the phone. The question is, why did they send me the crappy one just 10 days ago? Are they trying to get rid of them and hoping some people just deal with it?
    Boxwave screen protectors are the best. I don't think I'll ever order another electronic component from them, however. I bought a sync and charge cable that was defective. They sent me a new one, which worked fine for a month or so, but is now showing the same problems as the first. It won't stay seated, so after a while it stops charging. And, intermittantly, plugging the cable into the Treo starts a hotsync. (Yes, I make sure I'm not pushing the hotsync button.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Ordered a sync/charge cable and crystal protectors last night. (Keeping my fingers crossed.)
    How about their cases? I was about to order the flexiskin one...

Thanks,
    Mike
    I have the skin and anti-glare screen protector. They're fine. I had no trouble. I ordered from Amazon.
    My experience with boxwave has been positive as well
    Pilottreo1