1.    #1  
    Saw that Seidio has a case which can accomodate a "skinned" 650: http://store.treocentral.com/content...-25--194-1.htm

Problem with that one, is that it sits vertically on your waist. I prefer side-loading cases... does anyone know of any which is large enough to fit a "skinned" 650?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I have a skin case for my 650 and prefer to use it in conjunction with horizontal belt pouches. I have found that the Krusell S-Wide Horizontic and T-Mobile Sidekick II cases will both work with a skinned Treo. The Sidekick II case has a single belt clip (non-swivel), while the Krusell case has the option to use two leather loops or one of their multi-adapt clips. IMHO the Krusell case is better looking, but the Sidekick case is a better fit for a skinned Treo (not as tight as the Krusell).
    usskaos1- How tight of a fit is the Treo 650 in the Krusell S-Wide Horizontic? In your opinon, would the Classic Multidapt fit inside of the Horizontic case? Here is the link for the Krusell Classic Multdapt case:

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?s=...2&product=1902
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I also use a skin with the Krussel S-Wide horizontic. It's a very good combo, but the fit is tight at first. The good thing is that the longer you use them together the better the fit. Don't be surprised if you have a very hard time closing the case with the skinned 650 for the first few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Style'n
    usskaos1- How tight of a fit is the Treo 650 in the Krusell S-Wide Horizontic? In your opinon, would the Classic Multidapt fit inside of the Horizontic case? Here is the link for the Krusell Classic Multdapt case:

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?s=...2&product=1902
    I had to stretch my Krusell Horizontic for a few days before the magnetic snap would fully close. Even now, I have to make sure that the keyguard is enabled before putting my skinned Treo into the Horizontic. Otherwise, buttons will immediately be inadvertently pressed.

I can't really help you with your question about the Krusell Classic case. I've seen pictures of that case, but I don't have any hands on experience with it. My impression is that the adapter plate would add some bulk, but the smooth leather wouldn't create as much "drag" as a non-slip skin case.

FWIW, I've been favoring the T-Mobile Sidekick II case as my daily carrier. It allows me to place the skinned Treo facing inwards. The Krusell Horizontic requires that the Treo be inserted facing outwards. I worry about constantly pressing into the screen when closing the Horizontic's magnetic snap, so the Sidekick case solves that problem for me.
    usskaos,
    Can you please post a link or pic to the sidekick case you are using. I've seen one pic floating around here but when I go to eBay to try to find one, it's a completely different looking case. Thanks!
    Here you go.
    http://www.marquel.com/store/92466info.shtml

I've been looking for the same thing! Emailed TC about the P6 case and they said the only case that fits a skinned T650 is the Seidio Premium Pouch Case for Treo 600/650. I would buy that one but I hate those swivel clips. I like a low profile secure clip as I am a PA in surgery and need something to stay on my scrubs waistband.

Well, after finding this thread, we now have 3 cases that fit a skinned T650/600

1.) The Seidio IS an option - http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...CSLTR650%2DPSK

2.) Krusell Horizontic S-Wide - Pretty cool since you can buy various clips with it and it has belt loops.

3.) The T-Mobile Sidekick II Case is also an option and it looks SWEET!

Anyone have a preference on types of skins? I just got my Verizon T650 and need some protection to practice saf smartphoning.

Rabbit
    I GOTTA FEVER... AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION, IS MORE COWBELL!!
    Thanks, MacRabbit! Yeah, I am looking for the exact same solution you are...including my hatred of the bulky "swivel clip" that the Seidio has. Well, I think I'm going to get the sidekick case. Good luck on finding one that works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    usskaos,
    Can you please post a link or pic to the sidekick case you are using. I've seen one pic floating around here but when I go to eBay to try to find one, it's a completely different looking case. Thanks!
    There are some current eBay listings (seller is "innovative cellular") which seem to feature the Sidekick II case that I am using with my skinned Treo. I purchased my case from my local T-Mobile retail store, but it looks exactly like the one listed on eBay. Here is a link -
    Danger Hiptop Sidekick II OEM Leather Case Pouch
    MacRabbit,

I'm also a PA (although not in surgery) & wear my Treo using the Krusell Horizontic daily. It is comfortable & secure. You can use a skin w/ it (I use BoxWave's) & the Krusell will eventually stretch. I love the fact that there are different clip styles.

I also have the the Krusell Classic Multidapt.....love that one, too & it is my "travel" case (if I go on a research trip or something).....added protection & great-looking.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    From this thread..
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85129

Quote Originally Posted by fareal
    I just sold a horizontal case that fits a skinned treo. Here is my for sale post with pics..
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84973

I bought it on Ebay actually, but funny thing is is that the one posted in the auction looked more like the P6 pouch for sale here on TreoCentral. The one the sent me is slightly different than the P6 though and not like the one in the auction either. The one I received does not have that webbing piece that the magnetic closure fits over. Instead of webbing its just all leather in that spot. Also there is a bit of extra room inside because you're supposed to be able to fit other accessories such as an SD card. So for that reason it fits a skinned treo as you see in the pics in the link above.

So I discovered that the one they sent me is this one from icella.com ..
    http://tinyurl.com/9ehfy
    I just wanted to vouch for the case Fareal posted the link to. I got mine from icella.com yesterday and it's exactly what I've been looking for. It's a horizontal leather case with a magnetic closure but no swivel clip that WILL hold a skinned Treo 650. The quality on the inside of the case is what you would expect from a $20 case but the leather feels nice on the outside and it's just a perfect fit with my skinned Treo inside, not tight at all and the Treo can face inward or outward. It does have a little hidden compartment for expansion cards or whatever else you might want to put in there (money?). I think it's a good looking case too, better than the Sidekick one because there's no logo. Well, if anyone has any questions about it feel free to post or PM me. Thanks!
    Hi all ... roameo ...how big is the hidden compartment ... would it fit 3 or 4 credit cards and or a few folded notes? ... and is there any chance that it would fit a treo 650 dressed up in a vaja T65 or similiar clone ... i'm not sure how much extra bulk the vaja case would be over the skins

thanks for any comments
    Last edited by aussietanker; 05/29/2005 at 08:48 AM.
    I think Nutshell has a case for skinned T's that can be worn sideways on a belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    Hi all ... roameo ...how big is the hidden compartment ... would it fit 3 or 4 credit cards and or a few folded notes? ... and is there any chance that it would fit a treo 650 dressed up in a vaja T65 or similiar clone ... i'm not sure how much extra bulk the vaja case would be over the skins

thanks for any comments
    Aussie,
    You could definitely fit 2 credit cards in the compartment, probably 3 but four would be pushing it I think. I've never owned or seen a Vaja T65 in person so I really can't say about if it would fit in this case but it's perfect with the skinned Treo (not too tight but it doesn't have a lot of room to move around either) so if it's any bulkier than the skin it would be a very tight fit or not be able to fit at all. Sorry I can't help more with that question. Hope I helped some...feel free to ask any other questions.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I to use a Krussle s wide hortizontec with a skinned treo and it works well for me. The case will stretch after a fews weeks. Closing it is not a proplem now. I rarely have the keys pressed when recieving a phone call, maybe 1 in 10 calls. When I close it the snap never hits the treo. I Have tested this out extensively because I was afraid of any long term damage that may occur if it did.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sincitymedic
    MacRabbit,

I'm also a PA (although not in surgery) & wear my Treo using the Krusell Horizontic daily.
    Wow, there's a number of us PA's in this board.

I just purchased a Treo 650 from Verizon last week and needed a leather case right away to protect my investment. The Verizon rep sold me a Treo 600 leather flip case with belt clip by accident (I think), but I didn't realize the cutouts and even the 600's size was different until the next day. I returned to the store, and was then told that the 650's cases won't be available until later this week. Good news is that they'll let me keep the 600 case for now and I can exchange it later for the 650.

The Verizon flip-up case is made from decent quality lambskin leather with the standard nylon lining. The screen is exposed so a screen protector is in order if you use the stylus frequently like I do. There's some clear plastic covering the keyboard which can slightly hinder typing unless you've got some pretty nimble fingers. The belt clip allows you to detach the unit with one push, and it also allows you to position the Treo in any direction. The cutout for the mic is in the wrong place (it's originally for the 600), Hotsync cutouts too small, and the lid comes over the unit pretty tightly so I'm assuming the 650's case will remedy these problems. My biggest gripe is the thin bridge of leather that connects the front lid to the back. It narrows in the middle and protects the SD card, but it tends to twist when the lid's up. I'll see if the 650's case is any better once they come in.