Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have tried my best to search for a car kit with a display but i have not had much luck. I know the Parrot CK3100 is available but i dont really like the LCD display, it seems too dark. Does anyone know of any such car kits , the Nokia 810 looks amazing but i dont think it will work with the Treo.

What about aftermarket car stereo's with bluetooth handfree build in ? Does anyone know of any ?

thanks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi Specimen,
    Checked out the site you mentioned but the Treo is not suported by that system as of now though the 4000 Blue looks amazing. I hope they will support the Treo in the future, i will write to them and find out.

What would be even better is if Car Audio makers get in on the act. I wonder why there arent any aftermarket car stereo's with built in bluetooth handsfree. It would be great if someone like a Pioneet gets together with Parrot and integrates their bluetooth kit with the stereo. Or Sony who already has the handfree kits in their mobile division. Aah .. wishful thinking.

- Ankur.
    Last edited by ankur; 04/28/2005 at 03:01 AM.
    Hi Ankur,

Soon............

They are working feverishly to make it compatible w/thr 650. I started a dialouge with them in January. I had one of their systems installed in another car I owned. It was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by ankur
    Hi Specimen,
    Checked out the site you mentioned but the Treo is not suported by that system as of now though the 4000 Blue looks amazing. I hope they will support the Treo in the future, i will write to them and find out.

What would be even better is if Car Audio makers get in on the act. I wonder why there arent any aftermarket car stereo's with built in bluetooth handsfree. It would be great if someone like a Pioneet gets together with Parrot and integrates their bluetooth kit with the stereo. Or Sony who already has the handfree kits in their mobile division. Aah .. wishful thinking.

- Ankur.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    It does seem expensive but if it works with the 650 as it should then i will certainly spring for it. I wonder how long i can wait though.
    Fire an email off to them. They're in San Diego. I have called them directly a couple of times and spoken with the project engineer. He says it's complicated, but in my estimation -- they've been putting most of their energy into the BlackBerry first. I think the 650 will be ready by June.

In fact I will call them this week and report back here what I learn about their "estimated time of project completion."
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur
    It does seem expensive but if it works with the 650 as it should then i will certainly spring for it. I wonder how long i can wait though.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I did already and they have put me on a list for updates, they didnt quite know when it will be finished. I hope its done by June as i plan to be in the US then and would love to get my hands on that kit.
    I spoke with Marco at Raytel. He said they have had a problem with PalmOne communication specs to them. He said it complicated, but PalmOne has been responsive to their calls. He said a few details need to be worked out and then it shouldn't be long.