1.    #1  
    generally when I try to use the camera program to do high resoultion video it comes up with an error: Unable to Encode the Video.

It doesnt always happen, for example, after a reset.

Anyone else have this / had this problem?

Note: I had this on 1.14, 1.15 and still on 1.21. I thought it mught be to do with useable memory, but now I have 7mb free and it still doesnt work.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    generally when I try to use the camera program to do high resoultion video it comes up with an error: Unable to Encode the Video.

It doesnt always happen, for example, after a reset.

Anyone else have this / had this problem?

Note: I had this on 1.14, 1.15 and still on 1.21. I thought it mught be to do with useable memory, but now I have 7mb free and it still doesnt work.

This always happens to me and has happened ever since I went from the stock Cingular 1.05 to 1.28ROW and now with 1.31CNG. I had hopes for this new firmware to fix this, but it hasn't.

I have lost all ability to record video at the higher resolution. I get the same error.

Looks like a point in the right direction at post #186 on this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=10&pp=20
    Last edited by choekstr; 07/27/2005 at 04:59 PM.
    I have this problem as well, and quickly figured out it to be related to a specific email program...

Good has confirmed the issue, but claims no responsibility, as the GSM treo 650's have a higher resolution on video capture, and this only occurs on those devices. It was stated as a resource issue, but no fix was ever offered up.

So, the reason it works after a soft reset is due to GoodLink not being loaded yet.

If you don't use GoodLink, let me know, as it may point to something else.
    I don't use goodlink and I have the same problem. I do use chatteremail.
    just reset and the camcorder works fine in hi-res before chatter is started. won't work after it's started though. perhaps the same issue as with goodlink.
    I just discovered I have the same issue since upgrading to the 1.20/1.71 FW. Did anyone ever come up with a solution for this?