Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm using Nokia's Media converter to translate wavs to arm files. Then I IR beam them to my 650 which saves it to the internal card. When I select the arm file, I don't hear anything. Likewise, when I select it as the default ringtone, I hear nothing.

Is there a certain bitrate or freq that the wav files must be saved at before conversion? Or am I doing something wrong?
    I tried converting MP3's to ARM. Because of the reduced sample rate (khz) in the ARM format, the file ended up sounding horrible on the TREO. Instead I simply used a wav file. Here's how I did it.

From download.com I installed Akram Media Creator. I think any audio editor will do.

Dropped in an MP3 saved only the part of the song I wanted as a ringtone.

Saved it as 44.1 khz 16bit MONO. CD quality, but only half the size due because only one channel is being used.

Right click, send to Bluetooth device, done. RunDMC's Peter Piper is now my ringtone.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPsycho
    I tried converting MP3's to ARM. Because of the reduced sample rate (khz) in the ARM format, the file ended up sounding horrible on the TREO. Instead I simply used a wav file. Here's how I did it.

From download.com I installed Akram Media Creator. I think any audio editor will do.

Dropped in an MP3 saved only the part of the song I wanted as a ringtone.

Saved it as 44.1 khz 16bit MONO. CD quality, but only half the size due because only one channel is being used.

Right click, send to Bluetooth device, done. RunDMC's Peter Piper is now my ringtone.
    That is a much better idea which works easier and sounds better. I should have thought of that first. Would have saved me an hour of goofin' around.

Thanks again!