1.    #1  
    Hey i cannot get SoundRec to record to my SD Card or Export to my SD Card.
    I get the same error for both issues. External card not writable. All my other apps work fine with the same sd card and it is not in the lock position. Any ideas!!!! Records to internal memory fine.
    Oh yeah i have a T650 w/ cingular.

thanks
    Please, Try to Backup all File from your SD Card to your HardDisk.
    With Card Reader(Hardware) or CardExport II (Software)

Then Format your SD Card, and try again

after that, Copy all file , that backup on your HardDisk, back to your SD

^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by SupachaiHadyai
    Please, Try to Backup all File from your SD Card to your HardDisk.
    With Card Reader(Hardware) or CardExport II (Software)

Then Format your SD Card, and try again

after that, Copy all file , that backup on your HardDisk, back to your SD

^_^
    I hope you search before actually doing this.... as it will have no effect
    SoundRec does not have the capability to record to SDS card
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It has been noted elsewhere that the current SoundRec has an issue exporting to SD cards on the 650. If you install the previous version (1.04), you can export to SD cards on a Treo 650.

Never had a problem exporting with version 1.05 with the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    SoundRec does not have the capability to record to SDS card
    I think you might be mistaken.
    Under Recording preferences....Check Box for "Save Audio to External Card"

Version 1.051

There is also a separate function to Export to Card.
  7.    #7  
    i had already reformatted my sd card and sxtg was right no help. and i did check the box under preferences and it gives me the same error and wont record. any idea where i can find the old version of soundrec???
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan013
    any idea where i can find the old version of soundrec???
    http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    Remeber SoundRec was intended for Treo 600, Ver 1.04 works well for cards, 1.05 doesn't.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    For what it's worth, I can record directly to the SD card on my 600 without any isssue (version 1.051).
    As the rev. said...unfortunately soundrec has NOT been update for the 650. Recording to the card does not work.
    I guess the confusion lie in the fact that there was no mention of "650" within his post. My flub.
    Did Ryan rife the developer disappear of the face of the earth, get abducted by aliens, join an amish community? (dont mean to offend the amish..but I guess it would be a no no for them to be able to read this post anyway).
    Ryan.. where are U? can u please port for the 650. the vers that works doesn't have all the features of the most recent vers.
    It does appear that Ryan has moved on. Little known fact is that SoundRec 1.04 *does* save to the SD card on the 650 (verified again 2 minutes ago). Doesn't have all the 1.051 features, but it's an option.

Another option is Voice Recorder from the T5 - it works fine on the 650. See this page
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    It does appear that Ryan has moved on. Little known fact is that SoundRec 1.04 *does* save to the SD card on the 650 (verified again 2 minutes ago). Doesn't have all the 1.051 features, but it's an option.

Another option is Voice Recorder from the T5 - it works fine on the 650. See this page

I would point out, FWIW, that the sound quality of soundrec (even 1.04) is better than Voice Recorder. I went back to soundrec 1.04 when I found out that it works with the SD card on the 650.
    I recommend Audacity. It can record directly to the SD card. It has great audio quality and it supports the 650.
    An "early" version of SoundRec 1.07 is available on the site which is suppossed to address 650 compatability issues.

http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx

I find that it can make a recording to the SD card but if you immediately try and play it bcak, it will change the file name to something arabic looking and then reset the Treo. Once reset the Treo plays it fine...seems you just can't record and playback in same session.

On the other hand if you record to internal memory and then use SoundRec to "Export to Card" it works just fine. It;s a lot louder than it used to be...I have its et to level 2 on record and level 3 on playback.
    I am trying 1.07 on my 650 it is in the early stages but it does playback louder then prior versions I used on my 600. Is Ryan back who is developing it.

Fred