1. paw
    My friends and family complain of hearing a loud sound when I answer my treo 650. So I called it myself and I hear it too. I figured out it was an echo of my ringtone (maybe echo is the wrong term). It only seems to do it when I use ringo and have mp3's as ring tones.

Is there a way to delay the answer feature for one second or two? It really is very loud.

Anyone else have this problem?

Here is a recording of me calling my cell phone and answering it. I put my microphone up to my home phone ear piece and recorded. You can hear my ring tone (imperial march) in the back ground from my treo. It rings twice then you can hear the loud sound from my treo on my home phone's ear piece.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. paw
    Anyone?
  3. paw
    Nobody else has this problem with their phone?????
    do u use pocket tunes? and are you playing musiv when the call comes in?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. paw
    No, I use ringo pro. I never use the MP3 player. That recording is exactly what the caller hears when I answer my phone. Its only when I use MP3's as ring tones.
    Ich have same problems, for now only my girlfriend complained, for her i've got a mp3 that is played. I have to check it for other groups, too.
    Try experimenting with Phone Technician and also Treoguard.

Both enable the use of mp3 as ringers and both have trial periods.

Sounds like Ringo is not cutting off the ringer in a timely fashion and it's spilling into the caller's ear... have you contacted the developer?

Oh yes, both Treoguard and Phone Technician require you to have pocketTunes installed although I understand Phone Technician may allow use of Aeroplayer... or not... you'll have to investigate.

Also, as I'm still using a T600 I can't tell you how well the above works on the T650.

AND... welcome aboard Champion0815 and paw
    A friend just mentioned this to me today. I tried calling myself and got the same sound as in the file above. I usually answer by tapping the soft answer button on the screen. I tried again and used the hard button to answer and got no sound. Tried it multiple times with same result. Soft answer button emits sound, hard button does not. Tried tapping soft button very quickly but still got sound so it is not from lingering on the button past the point where the answer is executed.
  9. paw
    I'll try the hard button answer. thanks.
  10. paw
    I get the same loud noise when answering with the hard button as I do answering with the screen button. Any other work arounds?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Paw

I recently bought my wife a Cingular 650. I have had a Sprint 650 since early November. Every time I call her, I hear a load screech when she answers.
    I only get the noise when I use the touchscreen to answer.
    Contacted the people that wrote Ringo and they claim it's the Treo's fault for not clearing the buffer in time. Sounds more to me that they need to fix the software.
    Add me to the list... I get that same noise.

So is the current simple solution to simply not use mp3 ringtones?
    I use the default ring for everything and have the same problem. (Cingular sevice)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcboy70
    Contacted the people that wrote Ringo and they claim it's the Treo's fault for not clearing the buffer in time. Sounds more to me that they need to fix the software.
    I get a complaint about this from time-to-time and I am not using Ringo or any MP3 ringtones. I'll need to experiment with the soft vs. hard key answering, although I just tried it with the softkey and had no problem.
    I use PTunes and Callfilter and have the same issue. I think I will try the hard botton next time.