Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My neighbor has a blackberry that he easily slides out one-handed, faces inward, and is snug to the hip. I tried the Seidio holster but the part on top scratched the Treo and frankly was a pain. Does ANYONE know of a similar holster or the like for the 650?

Thanks!
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    I use an ipod holdster that's simlar to the blackberry one.. I picked it up at compusa..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I think he said the Seidio scratched up his Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    they have new ones that dont scratch, or so i have heard. i havent tried it myself though.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Speaking of scratches, the Blackberry holster markyoung04 is talking about rubs the area around the screen of the Blackberry and causes wear in that area over time. My Blackberry has wear marks because of it and I know people whos Blackberry look very worn on the exterior because of the rubbing from the holster when you pull it in and out. Because of that I would never want that kind of holster for the Treo. Which is probably why there is none that is "exactly" like the one made for the Blackberry.

That and maybe there are some patent related issues regarding the design.

For me, the Treo being better than the Blackberry means it deserves a nicer case .
    I also have a Seidio holster (Seidio Shield Holster for Treo 600/650) that is scratching mine - it looks different than the one in the link - so maybe they have changed it to fix this issue.
    Last edited by geneld; 04/25/2005 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added Holster title
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Speaking of scratches, the Blackberry holster markyoung04 is talking about rubs the area around the screen of the Blackberry and causes wear in that area over time. My Blackberry has wear marks because of it and I know people whos Blackberry look very worn on the exterior because of the rubbing from the holster when you pull it in and out. Because of that I would never want that kind of holster for the Treo. Which is probably why there is none that is "exactly" like the one made for the Blackberry.

That and maybe there are some patent related issues regarding the design.

For me, the Treo being better than the Blackberry means it deserves a nicer case .

Thanks for the input, I will check with my buddy, he is not concerned about the condidition as it is a business phone to him, nothing more. All I really want is something that protects. I may have to go with a nice leather case with the screen and keyboard exposed and put a screen protector on it. I have the Krussel case with the screen covered but it is frustrating to use with the stylus. Oh well, at least it gives me something to do at work . Keep looking.
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    i have the treo leather holster from palmone, not scratches after 2 months and so far I love it..... *fingers crossed*
    Markyoung04, the marks really show on the Blackberry after a year or more. (But I guess it depends on the level of usage.) I've had mine a year and have small marks. I know folks who have had it years longer and have much worse wear. I mean theirs are down right ugly!

I've always liked the Piel Frama cases myself. Never a mark from the case and I'm still using the old T600 case with my new T650. Helps cushion any drops too .
    The old Seidio cradle type here will wear on the top of the Treo. They released improved holsters with hand polished contact spots shortly after they found out about it.

markyoung04 if you could show a pick of the Blackberry holster or describe it or what type of case you would like I could make a suggestion.

There is alot of info on cases/holsters at my case thread at pdaphonehome here
    You can see the Blackberry holster at:
    (back view)http://www.karbonsystems.com/BlackBe...detail-14.html
    and
    (front view) http://www.karbonsystems.com/BlackBe...etail-231.html

It comes free with every Blackberry.

Allows you to slide the Blackberry in and out quickly. But wears on the Blackberry over time.
    Well judging from the pictures a Nutshell would be a good pick.

Or a Seidio Puoch case

The Seidio cradle type was a pain it is supposed to be a one handed holster but that is only if you dont mind not actually not having a good grip on the phone when you take it out.

As pictured by Franko the Seidio clip type is an easy one handed holster that allows useres to remove the phone bottom first which is the natural way the hand is pointed any way and has zero reports of damaging phones. I can personal testify to that as I have used mine heavily for 4 months now.
    The Brookstone Micro Leather Phone Case might fit the bill too.

Used to use that with my old T300. Does not hold the T600/650 as snug, but it works.
    Heres a swivel with a magnetic clasp that looks similar to that one Here
    I use a ProClip holster, and I've found (both with my original 600, and now also with my 650) that it meets the following requirements quite nicely:
    - doesn't seem to scratch too much
    - allows for quick and easy in/out
    - screen faces in, so that's protected
    - is very low profile - i.e., it rides right up next you
    - allows egrips to be used, which I require
    - and overall, since the device comes in and out, the device stays in its native state - i.e., no big case thing gets attached to it.
    Very nice solution for me, and I've checked out a bunch of them
    www.proclipusa.com
    I used my proclip for my T600 for 8 months and loved it, no complaints, but I think proclips are not very solid holsters. The clips themselves are thin and the multiadapters are lightly glued to the holster. They have been known to come off after awhile. I can seperate a Krussel multiadapt from a proclip holster with 40 pounds of pressure. The Seidio is almost the exact same design but made stronger, however Seidio dosent offer a lock/release version.

I am being sent 2 more freebie holsters from Seidio this week to do reviews on and will be giving them away after I'm done. Watch my sig for freebies.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 04/25/2005 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I used my proclip for my T600 for 8 months and loved it, no complaints, but I think proclips are not very solid holsters. The clips themselves are thin and the multiadapters are lightly glued to the holster. They have been known to come off after awhile. I can seperate a Krussel multiadapt from a proclip holster with 40 pounds of pressure. The Seidio is almost the exact same design but made stronger, however Seidio dosent offer a lock/release version.

I am being sent 2 more freebie holsters from Seidio this week to do reviews on and will be giving them away after I'm done. Watch my sig for freebies.
    Seidio has released and is shipping the new version of cradle type and clip type of holster for Treo 650. The new versions have addressed most of the issues associate with the earlier version.

Seidio would like to thank all the memebers who give us the feedbacks and suggestion to make the holsters better. Thank you James.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David Chang, I hope Seidio dosent get any ideas about turning the clip type or cradle type in to a lock/release swivel. If some one wants a lock/relese their are plenty of other holsters to choose from. Seidio offers the only low profile racheting swivels that I have found which dosent cause the phone to stick out like other cases smacking everything that comes within a foot of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    David Chang, I hope Seidio dosent get any ideas about turning the clip type or cradle type in to a lock/release swivel. If some one wants a lock/relese their are plenty of other holsters to choose from. Seidio offers the only low profile racheting swivels that I have found which dosent cause the phone to stick out like other cases smacking everything that comes within a foot of it.
    No, we still use the same locking swivel clip with metal post for durability. You will see them tomorrow if Fedex does its job.

David Chang
    Seidio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast