1.    #1  
    Marc --

When I download PDF files, I can't seem to open them using the acrobat reader that came with the Treo software. Do you know if that software only work with files installed from my PC? Thanks.
    That's true - there is a work around though. You really need to do a forum search on this topic. It's beed discussed ad nauseum.
    There is NO native PDF reader on the Treo; you'd have to convert it first on a PC and then sync it onto the Treo. It sucks, basically.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    There is NO native PDF reader on the Treo; you'd have to convert it first on a PC and then sync it onto the Treo. It sucks, basically.

Marc
    Marc...where have you been....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=pdf+picsel

this works great!! Check it out.
    It's no longer available from the German page; no doubt because of lawsuit threats...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

Dutch, I just sent you a PM about this topic.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    docs to go Premium supports .pdf files
    I don't think premium supports native PDF support, just synchonizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet

Just tried this today and it is a very impressive PDF browser application. Marc, is it correct that Chatter can't handle PDF or the support doesn't currently exist? I could imagine all kinds of issues trying to deal with this kind of support, but it would be pretty cool if it could be added.
    It has nothing to do with Chatter. If a PDF reader exists on the Treo and it registers itself as such, it will work automatically.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    It has nothing to do with Chatter. If a PDF reader exists on the Treo and it registers itself as such, it will work automatically.

Marc
    I have Picsel Browser on the SD card and moved it there with ZLauncher and had it create a shortcut. When I choose to "read HTML" for any message in Chatter, it offers a list of applications that I can use to do this. The first is Web (Blazer) which used to be the default... now it also offers "Picsel Browser*" and the asterisk means it's seeing the shortcut. So, even the shortcut is registered as a web browser application! Pretty cool. I haven't tried with PDF files yet...
    No, Docs To Go doesn't support PDF. Or more accurately, it supports them the same as the Adobe PDF browser does, by translating them on the PC when you do a HotSync. It won't allow you to read PDF's you receive via email on your Treo (I paid for the premium edition only to learn it can't do this).