Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Has anybody who uses Chatter tried the new v1.21 GSM update? I just tried it and everything works great, except for Chatter, which goes into a reset loop (v1.0.4.2, latest release, I also tried the latest beta which does almost the same thing for me, though it doesn't seem to loop quite as instantly, it still resets as soon as it starts to connect via IMAP).

*#377 with the beta gives me:

"A reset was caused on 4/24/05 at 8:05pm while running "Chatter": DataMgr.c, Line:8872, DmWrite: DmWriteCheck failed".

This isn't happy at all... I can't live without ChatterEmail, that's the whole reason I love my Treo. I tried hard reset, did everything all over again, created a wholly new set of Chatter databases, etc. and it doesn't matter, same thing seems to happen. As soon as I delete Chatter, everything works perfectly again. Grrrr.
    Did you check to disable background SSL? (Background SSL on Chatter was the major cause of my resets, albeit with earlier Cingular firmware.)
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my firmware and I'm having no problems with the latest beta of Chatter. This is on my Cingular GSM 650.

Brett
    i updated my firmware yesterday and i've been running the latest chatter beta for 2 days without a single hiccup.. after the first reinstall of everything my treo was in a reset loop, though. i had to do a warm reset and disable fonts4OS5.. then on the reset i re-enabled fonts4os5 and all was good.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    No SSL on, and I've already hard reset and resynced once. I think I'll try hard resetting, creating a blank profile, and installing just a clean copy of Chatter beta, with no other software and see if that works. If so, I'll move over the rest of my data piecemeal, shouldn't be too hard to reinstall the 4 or 5 pieces of software I actually use and copy over my calendar and contacts databases.

Can't do this until I get home from work, so I'll post an update then to see if I have any success.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Yup, just to confirm, after I went back and scrubbed every trace of Chatter from the backup and archive directories in my Treo profile folder on my desktop, then doing a hard reset and syncing again, I got Chatter working again. I just had to recreate the folders from scratch. It is one of Chatter's few substantial flaws that the data files seem to be so readily corrupted or affected by any change to the system configuration.

Thanks for the help guys. Also, the new firmware rocks - lots more memory (6MB free to 12MB free) and seems substantially more stable so far, though time will tell on that front.