View Poll Results: How well does versamail work for you?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Versamail isnt compatible.

17 28.33%
  • Versamail is compatible for me.

31 51.67%
  • Versamail isnt compatible but I also have resets/problems with other e-mail applications.

0 0%
  • Versamail isnt compatible and the e-mail application I replaced it with works fine.

12 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    please cast your vote in a check box above

Just glancing through this site makes one think P1 should give a free registration code for Snappermail to everyone who bought a T650.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 04/27/2005 at 02:30 PM.
    That's why I'm nervous about trying it, although it didn't crash my phone when I got a welcome email from Cingular.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    All I did was accidentally tapped the versamail icon and then in calenders today view it said I had email, I tapped it and CRASH!

Then if I even opened versamail crash, crash,crash,,,

I read all the info on this board, I read P1s info, I could always fix versamail but the fix would only last a week. Ive never had more than 4 email in there, nothing complicated or special.

I dont use it, I dont need it, I just realy want to know If there are unavoidable problems with this application or are their just a handfull of people with problems writing 90 persent of the versamail related information on this board. Because many users with versamail problems read 20 or 30 related posts in 10 different versamail threads and just say forget it and spend 40 bucks on an alternative e-mail application.

So lets say it in a poll, do the fixes or just get an alternative e-mail application?
    Well it seems that the folks upset with Versamail may actually be in the minority. The current results show most people are OK with it.

I selected "Versamail isnt compatible and the e-mail application I replaced it with works fine." because I never used Versamail and prefer Snappermail.

I think that P1 should have included the old Eudora Internet Suite and been done with it!
    Maybe some other choices would have helped:

On Sprint 650, Versamail never worked.
    On Sprint 650, Versamail never worked, but alternative one does
    On Sprint 650, Versamail worked fine "outta da box" but started failing after I added all my favorite apps.
    On Sprint 650, Versamail works just fine with all my apps loaded.

On AT&Tingular 650, Versamail never worked.
    On AT&Tingular 650, Versamail never worked, but alternative one does.
    On AT&Tingular 650, Versamail worked fine "outta da box" but started failing after I added all my favoriye apps.
    On AT&Tingular 650, Versamail works just fine with all my apps loaded.

Probably could add more choices to address, for example, I get < 100 e-mails a day or > 100 e-mails a daOn AT&Tingular 650, Versamail never worked, but alternative one does.
    VM works fine for me on Cingular GSM, with access to my ISP's POP server, and Gmail POP server.

I tend to delete mail I don't need, empty the trash from both server and Treo. The e-mail I want to keep, I leave on the server and download to my home PC in the evening. Then, I delete the e-mail from the Treo.

Basically, I don't maintain large in-boxes in VM.

My biggest gripe is that VM does not download images in HTML e-mails..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7.    #7  
    If I was a user an saw that many choices I would just hit the back button
    Since versamail is only on the T650 a poll like this probably could have been put in the T650 forum to get more responses. I don't think other versamail threads are being moved to this forum by the mods.
  9.    #9  
    I deliberated over where this should be. I am real big on threads being in their rightful spots. I wanted to put it in the catch all "General chat" spot to get more results but was worried it wasnt the correct one. I didnt want to be one of those peolpe that put everything in the catch all area.
    When I got the new Sprint Treo 650 it worked fine for a while. Now it won't delete anymore from the wireless connection. I think the issue is the VersaMail conduit on the PC. It think it worked fine until I sync'd with my PC with the VersaMail conduit.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    When I got the new Sprint Treo 650 it worked fine for a while. Now it won't delete anymore from the wireless connection. I think the issue is the VersaMail conduit on the PC. It think it worked fine until I sync'd with my PC with the VersaMail conduit.
    I have had trouble with any application that wants to sync with data on the desktop. I have documents to go and splash money set "do nothing" with their desktop counter parts, because if they get to talking they get confused

I was hoping to be to a 100 votes by now, this "general software" area is not busy.

Im happy to see that versamail dosent have terminal cancer. I would not like to think bad of Palm One.
    anyone use versa mail and have it set up to use exchange activesync as the mail service?

seems like it works fine until you try to open a word or excel attachment even with DTG premium edition. also, i get a weird error which i can't think of the exact message, whenever i try to send an email. the message gets sent, but a copy of it gets stuck in the outbox.

if i set up that same mail account as IMAP, i have no issues with versamail. its just the exchange activesync is funky. anyone? or is it just me?
  13.    #13  
    Sorry, got no clue. This isnt a problem solving thread. Just a poll trying to find out if P1 made a deal with snapper or chatter to sabotage versamail,,,,,,,,,,,just kidding ,,,,,,, you might want to copy and past that question onto one of the verasamail threads.

here
    here
    here
    here
    For the most part Versamail is working for me. It's got some issues when it comes to downloading mail and appears to be picky about the IMAP features used to Auto Sync.

I'd love to know where to submit bug reports. Any attempt to tell Palm about it throught the normal support channels simply leads to Sprint. My guess is Sprint could care less about Versamail.
    i'd like to know this as well. doesn't palmone have a techsupport page that they answer and not go to a provider page? i have some issues with versamail that i';d like to address but always end up no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavehawk55
    I'd love to know where to submit bug reports. Any attempt to tell Palm about it throught the normal support channels simply leads to Sprint. My guess is Sprint could care less about Versamail.